Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit

Old 11-30-2007, 01:18 AM

Default Re: A hand I read about

[ QUOTE ]
Funny, I was sitting on TV pro's right and watched him play this hand. I didn't get it then either. He said he was going to write about it. Wow.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, cool.

Not going to name names in this thread. Without people like TV pro, I would have to go back to work.
Old 11-30-2007, 01:36 AM

"flop fell 8/8/5 with two diamonds. I check, Kevin bet, I raised and he called. The turn brought the Jack of diamonds making three to a flush on board and I led out. To my surprise Kevin raised me."

I don't know Kevin, but a guy bets a two-tone flop in a 40-80 game, calls a check-raise, then raises a turn bet when a 3rd suited card hits, and this is a "surprise"?
Old 11-30-2007, 02:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
not really surprising that a tv pro played this hand like a retard

i dont know what a kevin is but calling down from the turn raise can be fine against the sort of idiot that will randomly charge themselves to draw to a flush with AQ/AK with a diamond that exist all over LA.

[/ QUOTE ]

Would you ever consider chekcing the turn b/c it seems this guy will raise a lot of hands as a semibluff and we hate calling down.

[/ QUOTE ]

If most of his range is semi bluffs, which I think it is, then I feel pretty good about calling down
Old 11-30-2007, 07:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
not really surprising that a tv pro played this hand like a retard

i dont know what a kevin is but calling down from the turn raise can be fine against the sort of idiot that will randomly charge themselves to draw to a flush with AQ/AK with a diamond that exist all over LA.

[/ QUOTE ]

Would you ever consider chekcing the turn b/c it seems this guy will raise a lot of hands as a semibluff and we hate calling down.

[/ QUOTE ]

If most of his range is semi bluffs, which I think it is, then I feel pretty good about calling down

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't say most of his range is a semibluff but a significant portion is. Thats the tough spot, he's very likely to be raising you w/legit hands as well as semibluff hands
Old 11-30-2007, 08:51 AM

I don't like this hand. He's basically over representing a medium strength hand in a situation where it's not clear at all that he will be called by worse, or that a better hand will fold.

A lot of value can come in this spot by playing it passively. I think the river is absolutely bizarre. If his opponent was bluffraising on 4th, I think he would have little disincentive to not continue and bluffraise. In fact, against a lot of opponents, I'll bluff them twice. I raise someone on 4th, and they donk into me on the river on a card that makes no sense. They get popped whether I have a hand or not, and it seems to work for me like half the time.
The river doesn't appear to accomplish anything good at all. I think it's like the worst possible line besides CR.