Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-04-2007, 05:38 AM

Default Re: This kinda pissed me off

[ QUOTE ]
aislephive,

You disagreed with the corporate rules of Gamestop. You started this thread I would suppose because you wanted OOT's opinion on it. OOT has OVERWHELMINGLY voiced its opinion that you are wrong. OOT understands all of the details and has made up its mind. I have yet to see EVEN ONE PERSON that agrees with you anywhere in this thread. End of thread. 101,984 and counting.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have owned nearly all the arguments in this thread against me. Not to mention the majority of the posts in this thread come from me and a few select morons bickering back and forth, as well as several n00bs making one line insults in my direction without addressing anything I said directly. Of course the majority of people are going to disagree with me now once the OOT mob strikes.

It does look like this thread has come to a crawl though, which I do believe signifies defeat on the side of OOT. Sup?
Old 11-08-2007, 04:46 AM

i get why youre pissed but this is pretty simple economics and you really cant direct your anger at anyone in particular. one of those things that just is and that you just have to be okay with.

not sure if this has been said, havent read the thread.
Old 11-08-2007, 04:54 AM

jesus christ just skimmed the thread and it tilted the [censored] out of me.

the policy was not made with your particular situation in mind. they buy games back for that amount because that's the amount that they have determined to be the most profitable. obv its probs off a bit, but it should be pretty close. they dont determine prices on a situation by situation basis just like you dont negotiate the price for coffee when you go into a cafe. coffee costs $2 regardless of whether you will pay more for it, and they buy games back at $20 regardless of whether you'll sell yours for less or refuse to sell it unless they offer you more. the guy you talked to works at the store. he didnt make this policy, he doesnt have the ability to change it, and he probably doesnt really give a [censored] either. big companies have blanket policies in place because its easier / more profitable than evaluating individual events. i cant believe i wrote this out.
Old 11-08-2007, 06:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
jesus christ just skimmed the thread and it tilted the [censored] out of me.

the policy was not made with your particular situation in mind. they buy games back for that amount because that's the amount that they have determined to be the most profitable. obv its probs off a bit, but it should be pretty close. they dont determine prices on a situation by situation basis just like you dont negotiate the price for coffee when you go into a cafe. coffee costs $2 regardless of whether you will pay more for it, and they buy games back at $20 regardless of whether you'll sell yours for less or refuse to sell it unless they offer you more. the guy you talked to works at the store. he didnt make this policy, he doesnt have the ability to change it, and he probably doesnt really give a [censored] either. big companies have blanket policies in place because its easier / more profitable than evaluating individual events. i cant believe i wrote this out.

[/ QUOTE ]

Obviously the policy wasn't taking my situation into mind, that's why I felt some kind of exception would be reasonable.

I don't understand how people can be so bad with analogies. How is negotiating for brand new coffee prices remotely similar to this? First off, every cup of coffee is the same. The condition of the game discs is not. Secondly, there is no buying used coffee, or buying a capuccino with a hair in it for a dollar off. In general any analogy pertaining to food isn't going to work, it's a completely different situation.

The amount they determined the game to be worth used is based on the assumption that the game has several hours of play on it and is in decent to good shape, since almost all used games fit that criteria. Mine doesn't, and I believe the amount I get back for the game should reflect that.

Let's look at this way, let's say I go buy a brand new $60 game. I take off the plastic wrapper and open the case, and that's it. I come back five minutes later with the reciept in my hand and ask for a refund for whatever reason. They tell me they can't accept any kind of refund and all they can do is buy the game back for $20. You think that's fair? Also the "more profitable" part is bs, there is no chance anybody is going to sell them back the game in that situation for that price. How is upping the price they'd pay, even if it's just a little bit, not more profitable? The reason they aren't willing to reason with me is because they're too lazy and don't care, not because it's the most profitable course of action.
Old 11-08-2007, 10:35 AM

Ugh. OP is one of those people i deal with at work asking "Please just break the return policy this once."
Old 11-08-2007, 07:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The reason they aren't willing to reason with me is because they have return policies in place so they don't HAVE to reason with douchebags like me .

[/ QUOTE ]

That's better.
Old 11-08-2007, 08:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]

*** You are ignoring this user ***

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-08-2007, 08:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
They tell me they can't accept any kind of refund and all they can do is buy the game back for $20. You think that's fair?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. Completly.
Old 11-08-2007, 08:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
They tell me they can't accept any kind of refund and all they can do is buy the game back for $20. You think that's fair?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. Completly.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why? Because the policy says so or do you really believe that?

How is the condition of the game not a factor in how much they'll pay for it when the amount they can profit from the game depends solely on how good of shape the game is in.
Old 11-08-2007, 08:29 PM

I see that OP didn't get owned hard enough the first time around so came back for some additional helpings.