Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-07-2007, 10:13 AM

Default Re: Quitin time for Doyle

Okay im nice, here is the hand:

Blinds at 300$ / 600$ / 1200$, 100$ ante, minimum Buy-in: 500k $

Gold is UTG+1, calls 1200$, 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Brunson right to his left calls too, 10[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Esfandiari calls, Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Farha calls 900$ out of the SB with 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Benyamine calls 600$ from the BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Antonius checks with 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Flop: [K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]]

4x checked to Brunson, who bets 6k$ into the 8k$ pot with 10[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Everyone folds to Gold who calls with 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Turn: [K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]] [A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]]

Gold checks
Brunson bets 25k$ into the 20k$ pot.

Gold feels very comfortable, "I came here to do one thing, to take down a big pot from Doyle." Kaplan says: "Yes, it's speech time." That speech continues until ...

Gold raises by 100k$ to 125k$.
Brunson asks: "Are you gonna show it to me, if i throw it away?"

Brunson folds, Esfandiari knows:" Doyle mucked a flush."
Old 11-07-2007, 10:15 AM

LOL...
Old 11-07-2007, 10:21 AM

wa about the fact it was 6 handed pot, and doyle knows that in a family pot people will be calling with jx suited or qx suited no matter the kicker jus for odds, so wasnt a terrible fold
Old 11-07-2007, 10:45 AM

How much more do they each have behind? $500K+? Makes a huge difference...
Old 11-07-2007, 10:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I read Doyles section on NL Holdem in Super System some time ago. I was surprised how out of touch with todays game a lot of his views were.

Watching him play that hand against Jamie Gold just confirms that the man should give it up. He was either playing above his bankroll or just plain scared, neither of which works in poker.

As a result; an obvious clown with who should have gone bust, gets away with it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Old 11-07-2007, 10:53 AM

Shove turn.
Old 11-07-2007, 11:17 AM

Quittin' time for OP...
Old 11-07-2007, 11:27 AM

Feel free to edit?

Doyle after seeing his chips wander off.

Old 11-07-2007, 11:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I read Doyles section on NL Holdem in Super System some time ago. I was surprised how out of touch with todays game a lot of his views were.

Watching him play that hand against Jamie Gold just confirms that the man should give it up. He was either playing above his bankroll or just plain scared, neither of which works in poker.

As a result; an obvious clown with who should have gone bust, gets away with it.

[/ QUOTE ]

are you sure it was super system you read? It seems to me that a book like "green eggs and ham" is more on your level
Old 11-07-2007, 12:17 PM

I love how this one hand defines the people who understand poker and those that dont.

I strongly suspect anyone disagreeing with Doyles play has never played above 25NL or their weekly home game - if they even play the game.

Best post in thread
[ QUOTE ]
i dont know why doyle is betting the turn just to fold to a raise. with that mind set, he should just check behind and call a river bet by gold.[ QUOTE ]

LMFAO.