Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events

Old 09-24-2007, 03:58 AM

Default Re: ~~~ Official 2007 KC Chiefs Don\'t Totally Suck thread ~~~

Your team is old. Old teams decline.
Old 09-24-2007, 08:53 AM

The defense is young overall. We'll need two corners and an ILB in the next couple years, but everyone else is 4 years or less in the league. You need a few old guys out there.

We have a young WR, RB and QB (hopefully) that we're building the offense around. If Bowe can really step up and be as good as he's looked the last couple games, that makes things look a lot brighter.

Chiefs have always done better with a great defense and so-so offense. I think this formula works better with the arrowhead crowd.
Old 09-24-2007, 08:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
God you guys are annoying. Why are they so bad other than everyone says they are. Please elaborate.

So if they win 8 you guys will all come back to this thread and give me my props right?

[/ QUOTE ]

I will give you 2:1 odds that they will win less than 8 games. My $100 to your $50?

[/ QUOTE ]

lol

So basically, the super annoying guy with no analysis whatsoever gives you very good odds on something and you blow him off. Fair enough, you're obviously right.
Old 09-24-2007, 09:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If they go 8-8 all you asshats better come back here and apologize for spouting off on subjects whence you know not.

[/ QUOTE ]

And what will you do when they don't?
Old 09-24-2007, 09:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If they go 8-8 all you asshats better come back here and apologize for spouting off on subjects whence you know not.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not pay me $50 apparently. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 09-24-2007, 10:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
God you guys are annoying. Why are they so bad other than everyone says they are. Please elaborate.

So if they win 8 you guys will all come back to this thread and give me my props right?

[/ QUOTE ]

I will give you 2:1 odds that they will win less than 8 games. My $100 to your $50?

[/ QUOTE ]

lol

So basically, the super annoying guy with no analysis whatsoever gives you very good odds on something and you blow him off. Fair enough, you're obviously right.

[/ QUOTE ]

I already have a bet in that they will go 8-8 or higher. Where I get $100 for 8-8 and $100 more for each game over. Other dude gets $100 for 7-9 and $100 more for each game lower.

But I'll bet you $100 at 2-1 on them going 8-8.
Old 09-24-2007, 10:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

My point is only that we aren't terrible. We may still get some bad luck and go 6-10. But I think with neutral luck and arrowhead magic we go 8-8. Higher with some good luck.

If we play well and get some bad breaks I hold by my statement. If we lay a bunch of eggs and look overmatched a lot, I'll come on here and mea culpa. I just wanted to make this post a) because we didn't have a Chiefs thread and b) so no one could call me a fair weather fan if we start winning a little.
Old 09-24-2007, 10:44 AM

Dude, you beat a bad team, at home, by 3, due to a horribly blown call. I don't see how this is reason to get excited.
Old 09-24-2007, 11:01 AM

Did I say I was hopeful solely because we beat a fairly lousy team by 3? I listed the players on our team, and what we were able to do last year with a worse team. The Chiefs have been in a funk since the playoff game last year. Lost 7 straight games if you count preseason. It's never easy to break out of a losing streak.

I'm just hoping they can build on this to get some of their confidence and rhythm back. SD had two losses last year, one of them was to us at arrowhead. When the Chiefs get rolling they're very very hard to beat at home.

That call wasn't at the end of the freaking game it was in the first half. We sat on the ball a lot at the end with the lead. Obviously the game unfolds differently if they get a TD there. Certainly it helped, but to say that gave us the game is silly. If I was on here whining about some call that cost us the game, I'm sure I'd get a lot of sympathy.

Also I agree that call looks bad from the replay. But you really can't see the ball the whole time from that angle, so I guess the guys in the booth deferred to the ref who was standing 5' away, with the perfect angle, watching the ball the whole time. Either that ball bounced a little, or that guy really really blew that call. Certainly possible.

And we have gotten raped on penalty calls the first two games this year. The league has even called the Chiefs to apologize for a call against TG in the Houston game that negated a TD and could have turned the tide. That's what happens when you look like morons out there (our offense). You tend to not get calls.

The worst thing about the Chiefs right now is their play calling. LJ and Huard were both basically bitching out the coaching staff in the first half yesterday. Which is scary, but it's better than just being overmatched. Huard is serviceable. At least he doesn't throw a lot of picks. And he can get hot.
Old 09-24-2007, 11:26 AM

I have a 2-1 (his $100 to my $50) bet with kyro that the Chiefs will get 8 wins or more. 7-9 he wins, 8-8 I win. I guess I have to give you 7-8-1 due to the wording of your bet. Deal Kyro?