Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events

Old 09-23-2007, 11:59 PM

Default Re: ~~~ Official 2007 KC Chiefs Don\'t Totally Suck thread ~~~

The Huskies are more likely to win 8 games than the Chiefs.
Old 09-24-2007, 12:00 AM

suzzer:

Here's some reasons. The quarterback. The offensive line. The wide receivers. The defense. They're just not a very good team. They're not going to win 7 games.
Old 09-24-2007, 12:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
They don't have any really easier home games besides Oakland.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yah, this is key information.
Old 09-24-2007, 12:02 AM

Minnesota can't score with their terrible starting quarterback. You beat them by three at home with their third stringer starting, and you only won due to a blown call in the end zone against MN. Ya I would be super pumped if I was a KC fan.
Old 09-24-2007, 12:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
God you guys are annoying. Why are they so bad other than everyone says they are. Please elaborate.

So if they win 8 you guys will all come back to this thread and give me my props right?

[/ QUOTE ]

I will give you 2:1 odds that they will win less than 8 games. My $100 to your $50?
Old 09-24-2007, 12:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
suzzer:

Here's some reasons. The quarterback. The offensive line. The wide receivers. The defense. They're just not a very good team. They're not going to win 7 games.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-24-2007, 01:59 AM

Yes our defense is terrible. http://www.nfl.com/stats/team 4th in the league in total yardage. They've allowed six 2nd half points all season - w/o their best player for 2 games. Simply horrible. You guys are really doing your research and not just parroting stuff you read.

Receivers: Kinneson went down with a hamstring, but he'll be back. He had a great year last year which no one knows about because he doesn't play in the NFC East - bastion of all media coverage. If he played for the Giants we'd have a five minute update on his hamstring injury every day on Sportscenter. Bowe looked awesome today. All the Chiefs announcers and coaches were buzzing about him after the game.

QB and O-line have issues. I have granted that. Teams can go 8-8 with a shaky QB, patchy O-line, great running back and TE, okay receivers, and really good defense.

Things looked a lot bleaker last year when Green went down and we went 0-2. We finished 9-7. We have a better team this year. I've basically run down position by position.

We're better or the same at every spot except right guard. They moved Waters - a multi pro-bowler - to Will Shields spot. Our center is a pro-bowl candidate and Welbourn and McIntosh are ok. It's really only Turley that sucks, and really only at run blocking.

Green was horrible last year, almost all year. Huard had the 2nd highest QB ranking in the league for the 8 or 9 games he played. No one can say they know it's impossible he can somewhat back into that form. I'll take Huard over Grossman any day I'll say that. Chiefs made the playoffs almost every year in the 90s with all kinds of ridiculous journeyman QBs. They went 13-3 with Grbac one year and Bono another for god's sake.

Yeah they chump it up in the playoffs. Which they probably will again if they make it there. Again, just saying they don't suck. If they go 8-8 all you asshats better come back here and apologize for spouting off on subjects whence you know not.
Old 09-24-2007, 02:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
They don't have any really easier home games besides Oakland.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not saying they're in midseason form. They've been a basketcase offensively until pretty much the 2nd half of this game. The hope is they get some confidence and some rhythm going. It happened last year.

No game at arrowhead is a gimme for the other team. I'm pretty sure the Chiefs have the best home winning % of the last 20 years or something. Can't find proof. If not it's close. You guys really think Denver or SD look that great right now that they're going to be huge favorites at arrowhead? They usually lose there, even in years when they win 13+ games.

Denver is a couple miracles from being 0-3. SD is one game away from losing their season and seems to be self-destructing. BTW I don't think we'll win at SD next week. Maybe make it close, but I wouldn't be surprised if we get beat pretty bad, just to be clear. I'd just like to see us play well.

Jacksonville and Cincy are beatable at home. By then maybe we start rolling a little, break the Raiders' hearts like we always do. Again there's a lot of hope here. But I don't think it's completely unrealistic like a lot of people who don't really know this team that well or watch their games seem to think.
Old 09-24-2007, 02:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'll take Huard over Grossman any day I'll say that.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll take this guy, as is, over Grossman any day:

Old 09-24-2007, 02:32 AM

Apparently our mascot tackled a drunken fan. Then did a belly flop on the security guards for good measure.

Gotta love that pic.

One of our columnists is saying that play changed the game. http://www.kansascity.com/sports/chi...ry/288041.html Posnaski is awesome.