Old 11-20-2007, 11:29 PM

Default Re: I will mentor you for free

[ QUOTE ]

What you MUST have:

- Potential

[/ QUOTE ]

Old 11-20-2007, 11:38 PM

Did we ever figure out who moved this to the mod forum?

EDIT: looks like citanul

Old 11-20-2007, 11:40 PM

Im a 10/20 NL player.. do you work with people that want to move from 10/20 NL to like 50/100 NL?
Old 11-20-2007, 11:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Im a 10/20 NL player.. do you work with people that want to move from 10/20 NL to like 50/100 NL?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is my question as well, he said hes not gonna be back till tommorow though so I think im just gonna do an application anyways.
Old 11-20-2007, 11:50 PM

1) I have been trying to watch as many free videos as possible available here at 2+2. I learn best by observing and it seems that in order to get my gears rolling on my own I need someone to show me the way. That is not to say that I am not capable of thinking on my own. I’ve been maintaining a site that I try to update pretty frequently with free videos that 2+2ers have posted which has helped me in my growth as a poker player. After each session I do a review and will occasionally post a hand that I need help with. I also enjoy reading poker books/articles.

2) I would like to see myself playing small stakes as a side income in the near future. I would like to feel a lot more grounded in my ability to sit down in any game and play solid poker without fear of losing or making a mistake (these two things really affect my play as I am always more concerned about them rather than focusing on making good decisions). Learn how to deal with breakeven/downswing stretches. Get stronger psychologically during those times.

3) I am currently playing NL25 shorthanded and seriously considering moving up to NL50 by taking shots here and there. I jumped into NL with a $100 deposit at PokerStars in March ’07 and since then turned that into $2,000 (includes bonuses).

4) I don’t think my posts in the strategy forums are that enlightening but I think my strategy to junk post ratio is not too bad. Some recent hands I posted: 1 2 3
(I am under impression you want solid strategy discussion type of posts rather than the mundane, so you can disregard these)

5) I have a full time job and am married. I am in my late late 20s. My wife has a busy schedule and is very supportive of my hobby. I originally deposited $30 to play limit poker in October of ’05 and was pretty successful by turning that into $1500. However, with UIGEA and Neteller troubles had to cash out and take a break until March ’07 when I started playing NL. I am pretty computer savvy (work in IT) and running a website is my second nature.

6) I have played 690 hours since June but I never play more than 4 tables and only get around 12-14K hands a month.
Old 11-20-2007, 11:58 PM

1. How you are currently improving your game

I am watching any video that I can get a hold of.
I browse strategy based forums a little to much imo.
I coach a couple of people (unl 25nl etc)
I make videos for my friends

2. Your poker goals.

My poker goals would simply to be a MSNL grinder. Waking up and having the flexibility to play anywheres from 2/4nl - 5/10nl.

I also want to be comfortably play almost any tourney online. Meaning just on Sunday grinding every sunday major. AIGYOS?

3. Your current stakes and past earnings

200nl. I have had spotty bankroll management up until like 7 months ago. I am trying to get better of all aspects that I lacked before now.
6k profit last 7 months [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

4. A few examples of good strategy posts you have made.

My Carpal\Tunnel Post

5. A little about yourself.

I have just moved up to 200nl and really trying to advance my game to the next level. I have the next 8-9 months to really focus and work on my game. I also coach 5 players in uNL and would like to help those players as well with all the knowledge you have given me.
Old 11-21-2007, 12:05 AM

1. I have been coached by fsuplayer. I also live with two other professional players and discuss poker non-stop with them. I have also done some coaching myself back in my limit days.

2. Right now a lot of my profit comes from game selection and I believe this luxury will not always be available so I want to be able to beat 5/10+ even in tougher games on tougher sites.

3. Current stakes are 5/10-50/100 NL and 50/100-100/200 lhe.
Majority of hands are at 5/10 and 10/20 NL. Past earnings are a few hundred K.

4. I used to make strat posts in the short handed limit forum all the time, but have not felt confident enough in my NL game to make posts in HSNL until very recently so I don't really have any yet.

5. I graduated from the univ. san diego in may and am playing poker until either the games dry up or I find something more worthwhile/profitable to put my time and energy into. Since turning pro about 5 months ago I have probably averaged at least 5 hrs per day.
Old 11-21-2007, 12:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
1. I have been coached by fsuplayer. I also live with two other professional players and discuss poker non-stop with them. I have also done some coaching myself back in my limit days.

2. Right now a lot of my profit comes from game selection and I believe this luxury will not always be available so I want to be able to beat 5/10+ even in tougher games on tougher sites.

3. Current stakes are 5/10-50/100 NL and 50/100-100/200 lhe.
Majority of hands are at 5/10 and 10/20 NL. Past earnings are a few hundred K.

4. I used to make strat posts in the short handed limit forum all the time, but have not felt confident enough in my NL game to make posts in HSNL until very recently so I don't really have any yet.

5. I graduated from the univ. san diego in may and am playing poker until either the games dry up or I find something more worthwhile/profitable to put my time and energy into. Since turning pro about 5 months ago I have probably averaged at least 5 hrs per day.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, not so veiled brag

also, sup USD!

(i went to both UCSD and USD ftw(l?))
Old 11-21-2007, 12:07 AM

Apply in this thread with
1. How you are currently improving your game- Well, I just started this month full stacking and this week got a coach (slider- we had a lesson the other day and today I made a video for him) and with a few other good MSNLs I have been having a lot of strat discussion over AIM. I have been watching videos on cardrunners too. I plan to get pretty involved in MSNL because its a great free resource to do wonders to a players game.

2. Your poker goals.
I don't think setting concrete goals such a WRs and hourly $$$ and hands/hr is the way to go about setting poker goals for a lot of obvious reasons. My personal goals are to be able to leave every session knowing I learned something or practiced something particular. A way I do this is by focusing on certain things during specific sessions (like really focusing on 3b sizes for ex). I am not going to sit here and say poker is not about money for me, because it is. Making money is my ultimate goal. I don't like setting a short term $$ goal because of variance. I dont like setting a long-term goal because of simple change (like moving from shortstack to full stack for ex, and ur WR completely changing). Basically, my overall goal is to learn something and stay focused and by that I will be maximizing profits.

3. Your current stakes and past earnings
I have been playing online since December. I started with a $1.50 on Cake Poker and entered a $1 SNG and turned it into $3 and never looked back. I have shortstacked on Cake, FTP, and Stars anywhere between 25NL and 400NL. Before this month, I was at 400NL making like 2+PTBB. This month i started to fullstack and im +10k in 13k hands at 400nl on Cake. My net winnings are 25k+

4. A few examples of good strategy posts you have made.
I haven't really made any good strat posts because I don't feel I have much to offer yet. Like I said, before this month I was SSer and posting would have been pointless.
5. A little about yourself.
I think an important part reason why I deserve this is because I am only 17 and I already am somewhat successful in poker. I think my age gives me a lot of potential. My ability to build a $1.50 shows my determination. Meh enough bragging, i go to boarding school and play soccer, hoops, track, surf.
If you have any questions, feel free to PM me and I can have 2p2rs vouch for everything I said.
Also, something that guys along the lines of "give me examples of strat posts" and "how are you getting better" I just made a 40min video of 4 tabling 200NL today. PM me if you want to see it.
Thanks.
Closed Thread