Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-24-2007, 01:41 PM

Default JTs vs. two unknowns

No reads since it's only my third hand this session. How's my line?

PokerStars 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (9 handed) TightPoker converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. CO posts a blind of $0.25.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO (poster) raises</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls.

Flop: (11.40 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, MP2 checks, MP3 checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 folds, CO calls.

Turn: (9.70 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, CO calls, Hero calls, UTG+1 folds.

River: (12.70 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, CO folds, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 14.70 BB
Old 10-24-2007, 01:58 PM

Default Re: JTs vs. two unknowns

so now that you've posted this hand, you're gonna go respond to some other posted hands, right? like i said to you yesterday?

this hand is fine.
Old 10-24-2007, 02:34 PM

That's my plan. I just remembered what you said about "gosh, what do i do here?" for what hands to post and this one came to mind...so I figured I'd post it.
Old 10-24-2007, 02:53 PM

I don't know that I'd cold call this preflop. Yes, JTs plays well multi-way, but after Stoving it, it still doesn't look like you have the equity to make this call (and I assigned a 25% range to all villains, EVEN THOUGH the pfr likely has an even tighter range than that, thus lowering your equity further).

Postflop looks good [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-24-2007, 03:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't know that I'd cold call this preflop. Yes, JTs plays well multi-way, but after Stoving it, it still doesn't look like you have the equity to make this call (and I assigned a 25% range to all villains, EVEN THOUGH the pfr likely has an even tighter range than that, thus lowering your equity further).

[/ QUOTE ]

Blatant misuse of PokerStove:

1) Giving *ALL* players 25 VPIP is bad because the players limping in front of him are likely looser.
2) By restricting ranges so much for so many villains, you're also in a situation where you're forcing the average hand higher because they can't all have weak hands on that narrow spectrum.
3) Poker is not about preflop equity.

Not coldcalling in this spot with 4 players already in the pot is a bad play.
Old 10-24-2007, 03:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
so now that you've posted this hand, you're gonna go respond to some other posted hands, right? like i said to you yesterday?

this hand is fine.

[/ QUOTE ]

hey he found a hand eh? Pretty good considering that was an issue yesterday.
Old 10-24-2007, 03:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]

hey he found a hand eh? Pretty good considering that was an issue yesterday.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey you found sarcasm. pretty good after only 100 posts.

If you are gonna reply at least comment on the hand.
Old 10-24-2007, 04:15 PM

buzz (boogaloo) actually has 7099 posts, so i'd stay on his good side. plus, he was actually defending you.

and now that you've posted in some other threads, i'm more excited about you having posted one of your own hands. many times, noobs drop in, post a hand, and never discuss anything. this is irritating to some of us. but right now you're off to a good start. welcome aboard!
Old 10-24-2007, 04:30 PM

Thanks. Sorry buzz/tyler. Just trying to improve my game and reading MicroSL over the last few months has helped alot.

I get that responding to posts is more beneficial and plan on doing that for a while before posting more hands. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-24-2007, 05:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Blatant misuse of PokerStove:

1) Giving *ALL* players 25 VPIP is bad because the players limping in front of him are likely looser.

[/ QUOTE ]

What would you assign to unknown players? If we had a read, I'd certainly use that instead of blindly (and arbitrarily) deciding 25%. But I'm not sure why you're advocating an assumption that all villains are likely going to be much looser than 25%? They could be tighter or looser, but I've just used 25% as a benchmark when they're unknown.

What would you recommend?