Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-12-2007, 02:37 PM

Default Re: NFL Week 10 Sunday Night Football: Colts@ Chargers

At this point point pots and kettles come to mind.

I am a Patriots fan so maybe I'm biased to some degree but I do see lots of Colts fans disagree with you as well. Plus, you can't seem to let it go yourself. This is a pattern I've noticed in other threads as well.
Old 11-12-2007, 02:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Of course, what you said was even dumber than anything I've said about any pass interference call, EVER. How about that? You may not ACTUALLY be retarded, but you sure hold one hell of a grudge.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm just sick of you claiming that you never make things personal when it's just flat out wrong. This has been one of your primary defenses in these arguments. I dug it up because this is the only example that I remembered what to search for.

This is how these threads usually go:
1. Something happens that either favors for or against the Colts
2. You post your opinion (biased/non-biased, whatever...IMO your opinions are very very biased)
3. Some NE fan calls you stupid (probably uncalled for, but this is the internet....who cares)
4. Everyone who disagrees with you joins in
5. You overreact and start whining and bitching about how the whole forum attacks you
6. You claim that you are always more than fair, present facts, never make personal attacks.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, let's put it this way, 99% of the time, I don't make it personal. Of that 1%, I'm usually not the one who started it.

You think I am biased, but you're going to be biased against me, etc. You don't like my team and are more likely to think I'm wrong because of it. I at least come on here and present a logical argument instead of what most of the trolls will do. I may not always be right, but that's why we discuss things. This IS, after all, a "discussion forum".

Do you not agree that I am targeted more than any other poster in this forum, disregarding Assani's countdown? People will come on here and tell me to die, call me retarded, say that I'm the most worthless poster ever, and that's just Sublime's first post in a given thread that the Patriots aren't involved in.

I do attempt to be fair. I think my conduct in almost the entire Colts-Pats thread shows that. You dug up one thing I said over a year ago when you said Peyton was overrated. Congratulations, you're right, I'm not perfect.
Old 11-12-2007, 02:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Are you saying one can actually think Peyton Manning is being overrated by ANYONE when there are so many people who will say Tom Brady is better?

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, yes, this is a perfectly reasonable stance for somebody to have, regardless of how OTHER people feel
Old 11-12-2007, 02:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Are you saying one can actually think Peyton Manning is being overrated by ANYONE when there are so many people who will say Tom Brady is better?

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, yes

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, fine, let's be realistic here. Anybody calling either of those guys "the greatest of all time" is overrating them. Would you actually say the honest, consensus opinion of Peyton Manning makes him overrated?

I don't know why I'm actually asking that question, I guess I'm just trying to see if you'll give me an honest answer.
Old 11-12-2007, 02:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Would you actually say the honest, consensus opinion of Peyton Manning makes him overrated?

[/ QUOTE ]

I really don't know. what I take issue with is violently attacking someone (calling them stupid, retarded) b/c he disagrees with your assesment.
Old 11-12-2007, 02:50 PM

Nice edit.

So basically, I think Tom Brady is a hack. Is that a perfectly reasonable stance for me to take regardless of how others feel?

(FWIW, I obviously don't think that, but let's just use it for the sake of argument)
Old 11-12-2007, 02:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Would you actually say the honest, consensus opinion of Peyton Manning makes him overrated?

[/ QUOTE ]

I really don't know. what I take issue with is violently attacking someone (calling them stupid, retarded) b/c he disagrees with your assesment.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, it happens to me week in and week out, which is what he took issue with. I said one thing over a year ago.
Old 11-12-2007, 02:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So basically, I think Tom Brady is a hack. Is that a perfectly reasonable stance for me to take regardless of how others feel?

[/ QUOTE ]

no, b/c it's impossible to reasonably argue that Tom Brady is a hack. it is reasonable to argue that Peyton Manning is not the ubergod, easy #1 QB of all time that some make him out to be.

that doesn't mean he's not incredible and awesome - which I think he is - it just means that its possible to take the praise too far
Old 11-12-2007, 02:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
if you really honestly believe Peyton (who now has a Super Bowl Title, btw) is overrated, are retarded, I'm sorry.

[/ QUOTE ]

are you saying it's impossible for great athletes to be overrated? ie once you reach a certain level of greatness, no matter how much anybody praises you, it can't possibly be too much?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah in reality, its pretty much always the opposite. The greatest athletes are pretty much universally overrated.
Old 11-12-2007, 04:00 PM

Back to the Colts, this obviously wasn't a game that shows their true strength. Barring further injuries, I don't think anyone would doubt them bouncing back unless they have 1-2 more atrocious games. As of now, they are clearly still an elite team.

That said, this game does count for something. Is anyone at all close to ranking Dallas or Pittsburgh above the Colts right now?