[ QUOTE ]
prob because it wasnt the real gamble4you

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-16-2007, 01:55 AM

Default Re: skier well

[ QUOTE ]
prob because it wasnt the real gamble4you

[/ QUOTE ]
The B Buddy account is the real one then... g4u looking kinda fake [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] I guess the lack of responses leads to that conclusion [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Did anyone PM the real B Buddy to come defend his honour?
Old 11-16-2007, 02:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
gamble4you talked about "the core of poker" in his well post. Can you elaborate on this?

How often do you do odds calculations to work on game theory type things? (things similar to your post on restealing from short stackers)

Do you have intentions of moving passed 25/50?

Where do you live?
How old are you?
Are you a student?
What's your next 5 years look like?

[/ QUOTE ]

no idea what the core of poker is, if i get a chance ill reread his well.

i do calculations whenever im unsure abuot a spot, ive been doing it more and more lately because it is important to know the math and you often plug leaks/find missed EV.

If you're ever unsure about a hand open pokerstove and play around with ranges. What range does he need to make my play profitable? How far off my required equity am i? How does my equity differ vs different ranges? How much FE do i need? How much equity do i need to make this a profitable play? what % of his range is he folding? these are all questions you can ask yourself about every day situations.

For example, take some random situation, say calling the flop and say to yourself, well what if i raised? Play around with math and ranges and all of a sudden you have a new weapon in your arsenal.

not sure if i will move past 25/50. I certainly want to be comfortable (and have the roll to be) playing in soft high stakes games tho.

next 5 years: hopefully grinding poker and traveling. maybe starting a business. enough money to basically retire by then.

[/ QUOTE ]

I want to follow this up by asking about some equity situations that have actually recently come up over the last few weeks where you busted out stove and crunched some numbers
Old 11-16-2007, 10:08 AM

anchorman>>>old school, no?
Old 11-16-2007, 10:14 AM

Your thoughts on 3-betting hands like 99-JJ?
Old 11-16-2007, 10:15 AM

havent read any posts in this thread. so sorry if this has been asked, prob hasnt tho

In your opinion who are the best 10/20 players on party? What about 25/50?

Also how often do you play the party 5/10 game?
Old 11-16-2007, 10:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

ie ultra high river AF or something.

[/ QUOTE ]

Now that is interesting, in light of the Absolute scandal I have been giving considerable thought to ultra-high river AF... basically perfect TOP play (or superuser cheating) generates an infinite river AF ... but then so does trusting your reads and going with them, maybe?

Is it a lack of faith in / accuracy of reads that leads to any hint of passivity once all the cards are out?

[/ QUOTE ]

well having an infinite river AF is pretty much impossible in reality ebcause, even though you are actually playing against a single hand only, you have to play against a range of hands and often you are calling even though you are behind some parts of their range and because its overall more profitable to call than to raise. Not to mention that pot odds dictate that you have to call when behind a range as well.

That's not really what I meant though, generally if you have a really high river AF if means that you have to play at least some of your good hands in a fashion that allows you to raise the river so you can balance your bluffs, which in general is fairly unusual.
Old 11-16-2007, 11:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I want to follow this up by asking about some equity situations that have actually recently come

up over the last few weeks where you busted out stove and crunched some numbers

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I'll start with that I read the bryce's well a few weeks back and he mentioned recording himself play, so i tried this recently and all I can say is wow.

if you want to improve, this is probably going to be the best way. I don't know about you guys but I often play really long sessions and often don't review them/miss a lot of spots. In the video I talk out loud and rationalize EVERY single move I make and if you do the same you will begin to see spots where you don't really have a great reason for making a play and often it could be because you don't have reads. This is a great spot to do equity calculations, run a different scenarios and do some math. How often do i have to fold for him to be able to bluff raise every time? What equity do I have against these various ranges? How often does he have to be bluffing for me to get it in with 0% equity here? 20%? 30%? What is the best way to continue against various hands?

Once you start doing these videos and then reviewing them after and doing math for anything you are the slightest unsure about (probably will take a couple hours - at least at first - to go through a 30 min video) you're gonna improve so so much and see new things.

Ok, an example.

The other day on ub 10/25. MP makes a pot size raises I cc AThh otb and the sb comes along. 280 in the pot or something. Flop comes T94 with 2 spades and it's check to me. I bet 225 or something and the unknown sb quickly raises to 625. No stats, no reads, nothing.

So first thing I do is think about the hands that beat me. I've decided to discount jacks.

Board: Ts 4s 9h
Dead:

equity win tie pots won pots tied
Hand 0: 12.071% 12.03% 00.04% 1429 5.00 { AhTh }
Hand 1: 87.929% 87.89% 00.04% 10441 5.00 { JcJs, JdJs, JhJs, TT-99, 44, T9s }

Assuming that this is villian's whole range and that he is calling every time, how much do I lose? The whole pot will be 5110 if I shove and I have 2190 left. So getting it in here results in a loss of $1529. Not a good result.

Assume again that this range is the only one that is calling us, how often does he have to be bluffing?

So there is 850+85*3+25=1130 to win and our effective loss is 1529. So we are effectively betting 1529 to win 1130. So he has to be bluffing 57.5% of the time to make this a breakeven shove. Are things becoming more clear already?

So what equity do we need assuming no FE? 2190/5510 = 39.7% to make it a breakeven shove.

Board: Ts 4s 9h
Dead:

equity win tie pots won pots tied
Hand 0: 39.097% 36.10% 03.00% 11436 950.00 { AhTh }
Hand 1: 60.903% 57.90% 03.00% 18344 950.00 { JcJs, JdJs, JhJs, TT-99, 44, AsQs, AsJs, ATs,As8s, As7s, As6s, As5s, As4s, As3s, As2s, KsQs, KsJs, QJs, T9s, 87s, 5s4s }

Add Kts there and we have 42%. Some FE and against a lot of people we have a shove, or maybe there is a better line?

Against some people who don't [censored] around here we might still have a fold of course, but don't you feel much better prepared to make this decision in the future now?

For different lines you have to make some assumptions, but I would assume there are 3 here.
1) shove
2) 3bet small
3) call and get it in on the turn

I'm too lazy to go through this right now lol, but some things you want to consider, what hands do I fold out with these lines? Do i induce bluffs? Does future card significantly affect my equity? Can a future card have me fold when I shouldnt? Save me money against a hand I waas gonna lose it? Be overall more profitable?

- I'll do the math on various lines in a little while.