Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > BBV4Life
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-17-2007, 02:18 PM

Default Beat: Nigerians Got Fax Machines

I went into the office this morning (beat) to catch up on some overdue work. There was one fax on the machine - a private/confidential letter from Mrs. Nazek Audi Hariri.

This poor mother of five is the widow of a very successful businessman and "proficient politician" in Lebanon. Correction: Title should refer to the Lebanese, apologies to Nigeria. If I can help her out, I can get 20% of $86,000,000.

Who couldn't use $17,000,000?

Because Google is my friend, I checked out Mrs. Hariri. I was very sad to learn that this was a scam and one that's been around for a couple of years. Details and letter text here

So not only am I stuck at work (beat), I'm not going to be $17 million richer (beat), and I'm so far away from anyplace happening that I just now got a 419 scam that's two years old (MEGA beat).

At least it was the first time I've ever gotten one by fax (variance).
Old 02-17-2007, 02:33 PM

Default Re: Beat: Nigerians Got Fax Machines

pot odds man.

If you're risking 50k, it only has to work .3% of the time to be +EV.
Old 02-17-2007, 02:33 PM

ok here's the deal guys

someone makes a post about this like 2-3x a week and they post the email and the story of how they got the email. then they make some statements dripping with sarcasm pretending to believe it when they obviously don't

then we all chortle and haw haw haw at the post while patting ourselves on the back because we are so freaking clever

god these posts are getting old
Old 02-17-2007, 02:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So THIS is what victory feels like. Sweet.
Old 02-17-2007, 03:00 PM

I have a guy that goes to my college that looks like he could be a nigerian. One time he asked my friend if he could "borrow a pencil" but he was acting overly friendly and also seemed very eager to please. I got suspicious and told my friend that I think it is a scam so he said no to the guy. Then I saw him ask someone else and this person actually GAVE HIM A BRAND NEW SHARPENED PENCIL. Sure enough after class was over he just left with it and later we saw the person who let him borrow it hanging out with ugly scumbags apparently we found out later that that was his ONLY PENCIL and he failed an important scantron test because of it and didnt get his degree so he got depressed and slit his wrists cross the highway style later then later I vaginally defecated into his sandwitch. Happy Black History Month everyone!
Old 02-17-2007, 03:24 PM

its your classic albany ham scam
Old 02-17-2007, 04:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Because Google is my friend, I checked out Mrs. Hariri. I was very sad to learn that this was a scam and one that's been around for a couple of years.

[/ QUOTE ]

I remember way back in the day my Dad's company got one of those scam faxes. This was like 12 years ago. I was an intern - one of the jr. accountants runs into my Dad's office saying how we should really consider helping the guy out.
Old 02-17-2007, 04:59 PM

Poor Russians who can't even pay the housewarming in the strongest winter ever and have poor mothers with deadly diseases who (offcourse) need an operation which costs lots of moneys, have fax machines too.
Old 02-17-2007, 05:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ok here's the deal guys

someone makes a post about this like 2-3x a week and they post the email and the story of how they got the email. then they make some statements dripping with sarcasm pretending to believe it when they obviously don't

then we all chortle and haw haw haw at the post while patting ourselves on the back because we are so freaking clever

[/ QUOTE ]

DON'T BREAK THE CHAIN!!!!!11111