Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-27-2007, 11:07 PM

Default Re: 2007 SEC Football Thread

Hall's just not that explosive after the catch IMO. He's very sure handed (when he's trying) and finds ways to get open. But after the catch he's nothing special. Watch where Doucet goes in the NFL draft and then see where DJ goes.

EDIT:
Also, in 2006, Doucet way the 3rd receiver on the depth chart with the other 2 guys being 1st round picks. He's good, he just got hurt this year.
Old 11-27-2007, 11:12 PM

I don't care where either of them gets drafted. In college, Jason White > Eli Manning.

Doucet is a great athlete, but Hall is a great pure receiver and I think you underestimate him, mostly because of anger over back to back 6-6 regular seasons. HELLLLOOOO [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Rocky top you'll always beeeee
home sweet home to meeeeeeeee
Old 11-27-2007, 11:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]

So this is basically what I said, you have a good D and running game, no QB or WRs. You think you'll win 10 games in the regular season? You did get beat by MSU and USF @ home last year.

[/ QUOTE ]

We had a very good defense and running game this year. We will have a GREAT defense and running game next year. Our WRs improved this year and will all be returning. It's hard to evaluate them fully because Cox had so little mobility, but they will certainly be better.

Our losses to USF and MSU were without a ton of players (Lester, Davis, Blackmon, Savage, Merrill Johnson, Billings, Ramsey, Pugh, Wilhite.) We had ridiculous attrition at the start of the year. Worse than I've ever seen us have. Obviously the team returning next year is not the team that lost to USF and MSU. Yes, I think we'll be top 10 at the end of next year and a contender IF we find a QB. It's all dependent on that.
Old 11-27-2007, 11:13 PM

I knew Auburn would be down this year, and while I've just started my CAPP analysis, I bet Auburn will be a team I call to be "improved."
Old 11-27-2007, 11:13 PM

Lol did you watch the Bama/Auburn game? It was rather obvious he was lollygagging. He is a very good player, just not the best in the SEC IMO. Even at 6-6 we still smoked Tenn, it's all good.
Old 11-27-2007, 11:15 PM

That's fine. We're playing on December 1st.

11-4
Old 11-27-2007, 11:16 PM

Also- if we lose Muschamp to a HC job, all bets are off. Or if we lose Knox (our WR coach rumored for an OC position elsewhere) I'll do cartwheels. Lots can happen between now and preseason so I'd rather not waste any more time debating it. I just know we're going to be very deep at lots of positions next year with good players.
Old 11-27-2007, 11:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]

11-4

[/ QUOTE ]

Why bring up the past? Everyone always rags Bama fans for doing it, calling us delusional fans who still talk about the Bear and the good ole days. It's all good, we beat your @ss this year with the worst team Saban will ever field.

45-38-7
Old 11-27-2007, 11:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Also- if we lose Muschamp to a HC job, all bets are off. Or if we lose Knox (our WR coach rumored for an OC position elsewhere) I'll do cartwheels. Lots can happen between now and preseason so I'd rather not waste any more time debating it. I just know we're going to be very deep at lots of positions next year with good players.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're right, it really is way too early to be debating this. Especially QB because there's too much time for guys to get better.
Old 11-28-2007, 11:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hey, SEC fans, Tebow = Heisman, right?

[/ QUOTE ]