Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-05-2007, 04:06 PM

Default Re: Post here if you hate Sportscenter...

I haven't been Now since 1999.
Old 09-05-2007, 04:14 PM

I hate how people, especially kids my age (early 20s) give whoever is on ESPN immediate credibility. Like if Lee Corso picks a team to win and puts on their mascot's costume, they will tell me how stupid I am for picking against them. Also Sean Salisbury WTF?!?!? And I think it's great when Steve Philips picks Seattle to make playoffs in MLB and then they lose 8 (9?) in a row. Stuff like that is funny, it makes me just lol when they make predictions.

I still watch/love SC though because they do relay the news quickly and if something goes down they are on top of it. The Ultimate Highlight is sweet, Top 10 and certain anchors are pretty good as well. Who's Now was pretty terrible, I liked the TI song though mainly because I have a huge man crush on TI.

However, I'm starting to find things I hate more and more on SC. The opinion things such as Coors Light 6 pack or the Budweiser Hot Seat are stupid, also does anyone else notice John Clayton only seems to own 2 ties (Blue with white dots and red)? And next time you see Len Pasquerelli make sure you notice his gnome look along with his poop colored brown suit he sometimes wears. Classic.
Old 09-05-2007, 04:24 PM

I began watching espn news instead of SC since the beginning of the year and it's so much better. You can see all the highlights in 30 minutes instead of the hour long SC with 30 mins of fluff built into it.

At worst you have an extra half hour of your life back each day.
Old 09-05-2007, 04:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't care if the ratings are up, ESPN, and especially sportscenter, are killing sports

[/ QUOTE ]

i understand the frustration, but killing sports??? i for one am gleeful they are doing what they are doing with Beckham. it's about time we got some exposure to real sports

[/ QUOTE ]

The reason the US has lost at basketball is ESPN