Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-10-2007, 07:00 AM

Default Re: PLO in Vegas during the WSOP---Please keep here

same question. Did games get going anywhere other than the rio? What is the rio spreading now?

-Jason
Old 07-10-2007, 10:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Uh...bump? Anyone still around? Games still going?

[/ QUOTE ]
I've been in the 25 25 50 game on and off over the last week or 10 days. It seems it is dying and isn't worth playing any more, it was sometimes a good game but there were several good players. By all accounts I missed the softest games at the start of the Series.
Old 07-10-2007, 11:02 PM

Yeahhh... I did not enjoy the company at the tables the last few times I went, and there were less tables going as well. On day 1C you couldn't even get into the room without waiting in a long line out of the door and once I got in there was no low limit PLO going anyway. I'm probably going to check it out one last time when day 2 is over just because I'm gonna miss it SO much when it's gone for 10 months, but I'm going to assume it's pretty packed and not waste my time until then.
Old 07-11-2007, 03:14 AM

The past 2 days I played in 2-5 game at Caesars that started at 2am, featured 5 finnish guys, 1 portuguese (I think), 1 Russian (me), and 2 americans who came and left soon. Three Finns were pretty tight, one played about 85% of hands. Two seemed to be playing out of same bankroll, and there was a lot of talking in Finnish, but we didn't object to keep the game going.

Then at Wynn today there was a 5-10 game, which is reportedly running every night with a lot of loose play. I lost a 7K pot when I got allin on a 15-out draw on the turn for some reason. GAMBOOOOL. I still think it was the right play though. The game included 3 Dutch players, 2 Brits, 1 Aussie, 2 Spanish speakers and 1 Swede.

Then there was an absolutely nutty 2-5 session at the Rio with a few dudes playing with really little clue and winning a ton of pots with crappy hands. On one hand someone put about $300 in with 3s3h8hTh or something like that only to hit a set and complain about losing main pot to an overset.

Leaving tomorrow at 3pm [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] Maybe will get some more play before the flight. Live PLO is the "noots" (Finnish for nuts).
Old 07-12-2007, 01:53 AM

I left last night. PLO was drying up at Rio. It peaked about 2 weeks ago.

I prefer PLO8 and it went for about 10 days straight at 2/5. PLO was much deeper and at all limits. Soft games from what I heard.

Book your trip for next year. It was great action & should be again.
Old 07-16-2007, 04:52 AM

I think it's finally completely over. Last night they started a game with 8 names on the list and only 4 sat initially. Tonight there were 2 names on the list at 8:30 so I didn't even bother to drive down.

Was a lot of fun and I am definitely going to hit the tables right away and hard next year.

Now back to playing that horrific and boring game they call unlimited texas hold them...
Old 07-16-2007, 05:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think it's finally completely over. Last night they started a game with 8 names on the list and only 4 sat initially. Tonight there were 2 names on the list at 8:30 so I didn't even bother to drive down.

Was a lot of fun and I am definitely going to hit the tables right away and hard next year.

Now back to playing that horrific and boring game they call unlimited texas hold them...

[/ QUOTE ]

I have been known to partake in that game.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?1268503