Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-06-2007, 12:31 PM

Default AC Trip Report (Long)

So I worked Sunday night at college and I have off this whole week for spring break. I decided I was going to take a trip down to AC from Bethlehem and then drive back home that night to NJ via the parkway. I left for AC around 11:30am. It was smooth sailing until I hit 76. I sat in traffic for 45mins to drive 4 miles, but oh well a 2 hour trip ended up being a 3 hour one. I arrived at the Borgata at around 2:15. I was going to play a little 1/2 NL and I got my $300 max buy-in at the cage and then walked over to the desk to sign up. As I signed up they opened a new 1/2 NL table so I sat down in the 3 seat. There was a really nice guy to my right who was a retired cop (because he was hit by a car and was really injured). His psycologist told him to play poker because he was really stressed and stuff from not being able to work. He said it worked wonders. Anyway, on my left was this nice lady(so I thought) who was talking to me and stuff. The rest of the table was really quiet. I played for about 3 hours and was really patient and I didnt really get a hand.

Finally I pick up the J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] in the big blind and check it and see what happends. I flopped a double gutter with a backdoor flush draw. To make a long story short I turned the straight and rivered the flush, but there was a ton of action but it was from the hyper agressive player at the table so after some thought I made the call with the J high flush on the river and I was good...I doubled up to $600.

The lady to my left who was battling all day with the hyper agressive player would bitch and complain about every beat she got. Like she had A high and the guy rivered a pair on her type of stuff. Finally I told her it happends...relax and have some fun! She took another bad beat and cursed up a storm, yelled at the dealer and left. BTW she was a psycologist! Shouldn't they be the ones and are in control of thier emotions?

That hyper-agressive player went broke and a new player sat in. He was a kid probably just turned 21, which I can't really talk as I am only 22 lol. He had his head phones and stuff and he sat there quietly raising every pot for like the first hour and a half out of the 9 seat. Eventually he took his head phones off and started talking and talking A LOT. The nice cop to my right left for dinner and a new player sat in. He was a young nice kid who loved to talk, but he was a total donator. He was just there to have a good time and see as many hands as possible no matter the price. The kid in seat 9 (well call him the superstar) started to get mad at him because he was calling everyone and being a donkey lol! So later on the donator moves all in against the superstar with QQ. The superstar waits 2 mins to call his all in with AA! He said, "sorry I don't like you and I can't wait to bust you with this hand, but the poker gods are probably going to [censored] me for doing this." His AA held up and the donator was pulling into his pocket for more, but then decided to move to another table! Thanks you superstar [censored]!

Later, the superstar had QQ and called an huge all-in raise on a ragged flop. He then proceeeded to tell the table, "I am sooooo good I almost layed that down!" So sarcastically I said, "Yea man I don't think I could have made that laydown, at least you had the insticts to know you were beat." He then said, "yea, once you get to MY level its so hard to get that next step man its so close but it's really hard to get there." I then said, "I wouldnt know, I'm so far from being able to play like that I need to work on my game a lot." LOL So we get this kid going about how good he is for like an hour and he just can't tell that me, seat 6, and seat 8 are just toying with him all night.

Later I check in the BB with 85 of hearts. Me and seat six end up heads up on the flop which was 853 when I bet out $10. He raised me to $45 and with him being the player he was I folded the hand almost instantly face up to just show up the superstar he's not a braclet holder who can lecture the table when the players at the table are better than him. And he hooted and hawed about how terrible that laydown was, until seat 6 showed his 33 for a set and said great lay down. I did not say anything really, I just wanted the superstar to shut up.

Later, this hand came up: I was in early position with 55 with 3 players in the pot, I was first to act and there was a guy to my very left and one guy on the cut off in the pot. It was raised to $7 by the guy to my left after I limped, the cut-off and I called the raise. The flop came 544, sweet! I checked and player to my left checked to the cut off who bet $10. I called hoping to bring in the guy to my left, who C/R to $30! The cut-off folded for $20 more and I thought for a second. I really didnt think he had the 4 because he would have bet the flop (he was that tpye of player and he raised pre-flop, idk he just didn' seem like that type of player). I think he had an overpair and was trying to see where his hand was by putting in the raise. If I made it three bets I really thought he was going to fold and overpair so I opted to call the extra $20 and lead out on the turn. The turn was a 2 and I led out for $50 and the player called instantly...I was sure he had an overpair now. The river brings a 4. I hesitated because I then thought some more cause I didnt wanna bet into quads. I decided on a $115 value-bet because I was sure he wasnt laying down a big pair now that he has a boat, I was right he called me with QQ for 4's full against my 5's full. Now, here comes the superstar telling me, "man I can't belive you bet that much on the river you HAVE to be afraid of him having the four there." I just laughed and explained to him why I did what I did and he was too dumb to understand it. We messed with him for the rest of the night until he couldnt lay down a hand again and went broke.

So I played for 9 hours and won $597 for my efforts, it was a good night for an uber tight full-ring nit like myself. I left at about 11:45 and drove home listening to the new poker wire shows to keep awake on the ride home. I arrived at like 2 am and here I am posting to analyze my play and talk about my trip.

Hope you liked it...I'm a bad writer so I apologize for it!

MROD
Old 03-06-2007, 12:49 PM

Default Re: AC Trip Report (Long)

why do you buy chips before you have a seat? thats odd.
Old 03-06-2007, 12:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So I can sit right away. The Borgata dealers usually send you to the cage when you are a new player anyway and the line was short at the cage which never happends. So I figured I would capitalize on the short wait and get my chips.
Old 03-06-2007, 01:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Scott - when you are a poker super super star, you'll understand this.
Old 03-06-2007, 01:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Scott - when you are a poker super super star, you'll understand this.

[/ QUOTE ]

NH
Old 03-06-2007, 01:31 PM

I just laughed and explained to him why I did what I did and he was too dumb to understand it.
------------------------------------------------------------

Dont explain anything to this fool.
Old 03-06-2007, 01:38 PM

I know I know, but he needed to be put in his place I felt....it was stupid of me I should have just taken his money instead.
Old 03-06-2007, 09:18 PM

Nice report. Do "superstars" know that they're aholes or maybe they just don't care?
Old 03-06-2007, 09:40 PM

Yea, after awhile you learn to just smile and nod at these people.

Jeff
Old 03-06-2007, 11:42 PM

so wait the psychologist recommended poker because the guy was stressed, said psychologist obviously has no clue about poker. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]