Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-26-2007, 06:23 PM

Default Re: Anybody here got a vasectomy?

I had it when i was 26. The doctor will read some disclaimers like its 99.9999 (or something on those lines) effective but in extremely rare cases even after vasectomy the tubes came together and you impregnate someone. to reverse it is very difficult.

Then the doc asked if i had any kids. i said, i didnt have any, never wanted any. He was surprised and urged me to reconsider one more time. i was steadfast and he agreed on a date 3 weeks away. very cool doc [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]. With people producing kids by the litter, its a surprise the docs are not any more enthusiastic of us wanting to undergo vasectomy.

they ask you back in 3 weeks (mandatory waiting period maybe in some states). you go on day of surgery. have it shaved.

its an outpatient surgery with local anasthesia. only thing hurting will be the first needle going in and after that nothing. i was talking to the doc (out of nervousness i believe) and the nurse.

after the surgery its best go home and keep an ice pack on your groin for 2 days. it will be a bit discomfort first few days and you will be fine. after 2 weeks and 4 weeks they ask for a sample to make sure you are clear. my 2 week sample had some, so they asked for 2 more in 2 weeks and both came out clean.

end of story.

and oh yeah, most cases there is no complications. and your drive DOESNT decrease. in my case it increased because, while banging chicks you are never afraid of getting her preggers (i still use condoms 100% of the time, because you still can get stds).