Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-03-2007, 12:20 AM

Default Re: ^^^Tue NCAAF--Memphis -2.5 v Marshall O/U 60.5^^^

I was watching the game here with a friend who had Memphis -2.5 and I had Marshal +3. Another friend stops by and says he got Marshal +3.5 and as soon as I heard that I figured I would get the push.
In any case great Analysis BobJoeJim, thanks for the pick.

Note to self: open a BetEd account and start using them when line shopping.
Old 10-03-2007, 12:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Note to self: open a BetEd account and start using them when line shopping.

[/ QUOTE ]
You know anyone who has used BetED? I just saw this article, and it sounds pretty juicy. They have a B- rating on SBR, but I'd like a little more confirmation that they're solid before I deposit.
Old 10-03-2007, 12:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I hadn't heard about this. Geez Memphis is freaking dangerous these days. So glad I'm not there anymore.

[/ QUOTE ]

Recent FBI statistics released just last week named the Memphis metropolitan area as the number 1 most violent for crime in America. Last year Memphis was number 2. Anyone driving through there on the way to Tunica should be very careful and hope your car doesn't break down.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is either incorrect or mis-stated. I lived in downtown Memphis for 5 years and never had a problem. People always assume Memphis is more dangerous than it is b/c of the demographics. Anyway, I won't hijack any further.

As far as the game, my gut tells me to take Marshall in this one as they have had 10 days to prepare for this one as opposed to Memphis who had 4, 1 of which was obviously not very productive. The only thing I would note about the emotional impact of the game is that it has to be a little weird for Marshall to come in all fired up and ready to fight. Memphis can show up and be mad at the world whereas Marshall's guys kind of have to be respectful. Decent chance they could come out flat.

[/ QUOTE ]

No it is not mistated or incorrect. It is correct: http://www.commercialappeal.com/news...violent-crime/

I think you may have to register to read the story, but you can just search it out if you want, but the facts are correct. Here is a quote from the article:

"In 2006, according to crime numbers released by the FBI, the eight county Memphis metropolitian area recorded 1262.7 violent crimes per 100,000 residents, the highest rate in the nation."

The title of the article is "Memphis leads US In violent crime."