Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-28-2007, 04:43 AM

Default Re: Ask me anything about Japan/Japanese

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Japanese people in general aren't racist, IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is quite astounding.

[/ QUOTE ]

I live in Japan also. I have to say that generally they are not racist but some do put westerners on a pedestal where as other Asians are looked down upon.
Old 09-28-2007, 04:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't know if it's considered racism (maybe nationalism? nah), but Japenese definitely feel they're the cream of the Asian crop
Old 09-28-2007, 04:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think they're like my grandfather. He wasn't racist. He just hated [censored].
Old 09-28-2007, 04:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't know if it's considered racism (maybe nationalism? nah), but Japenese definitely feel they're the cream of the Asian crop

[/ QUOTE ]

They think that they're the cream of the whole crop. I've worked with a lot of Japanese and I've been to Japan and I also want to qualify this with the fact that I really like the Japanese as a people and I have no personal issue with them.

An Australian friend of mine who lived in Japan summed it up like this; The Japanese are the most polite racists on the planet.

When you are an outsider living in Japan you are not considered an immigrant but a guest. It is always assumed that at some point you will be going home. He was asked this constantly, but always in a very polite and respectful way. They don't go around planting burning crosses in your front yard, but they do believe that they are the chosen race. Ask them what they think of Koreans.
Old 09-28-2007, 05:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Ask them what they think of Koreans.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats not really fair, nobody likes koreans.
Old 09-28-2007, 05:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So, people find Asian women attractive for exactly what line of reasoning?

[/ QUOTE ]

Among many of their beautiful qualities, asian women also have the tightest poonannies of any women on the planet.
Old 09-28-2007, 06:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

They think that they're the cream of the whole crop. I've worked with a lot of Japanese and I've been to Japan and I also want to qualify this with the fact that I really like the Japanese as a people and I have no personal issue with them.

An Australian friend of mine who lived in Japan summed it up like this; The Japanese are the most polite racists on the planet.

When you are an outsider living in Japan you are not considered an immigrant but a guest. It is always assumed that at some point you will be going home. He was asked this constantly, but always in a very polite and respectful way. They don't go around planting burning crosses in your front yard, but they do believe that they are the chosen race. Ask them what they think of Koreans.

[/ QUOTE ]
Although I'm sure few still think this way, and a lot thought this way long time ago, but most of the people these days don't think that way.

Also, one of the most famous guy (in positive way) among the *older* Japanese female is Korean. And many Japanese people visit Korea, not to look down on them but to enjoy food, culture, people and such.

I'm curious what kind of personal experience you had in Japan that made you think that Japanese think they are "the cream of the whole crop." Care to elaborate?
Old 09-28-2007, 07:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Although I'm sure few still think this way, and a lot thought this way long time ago, but most of the people these days don't think that way.

[/ QUOTE ]
Are you kidding? Just look at how Japanese people think of Okinawans. And they're part of their own country!
Old 09-28-2007, 07:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Are you kidding? Just look at how Japanese people think of Okinawans. And they're part of their own country!

[/ QUOTE ]
Are you saying Japanese people who don't live in Okinawa sort of look down on Okinawans? If that's the case, you're wrong.

In your opinion, how do Japanese people think of Okinawans?
Old 09-28-2007, 07:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Are you saying Japanese people who don't live in Okinawa sort of look down on Okinawans? If that's the case, you're wrong.

In your opinion, how do Japanese people think of Okinawans?

[/ QUOTE ]
That they're uncivilized and stupid and should be a part of China or at least not Japan