Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-19-2007, 07:35 AM

Default Re: How do you know when to check behind on the turn?

hrmmm, ok, so its kinda like the idea of not firing the second barrel when you pick up a draw and will have to call a c/r.

have you got a link to the post you made, Gib?

[ QUOTE ]
The difference in this hand is that you do have an OESD here which makes calling the c/r worth while.

[/ QUOTE ]
That's not the point, the point I'm trying to make is I should check behind on the turn in my hand while in Snitch's he should bet.

Now that I think about it a bet/fold is better than a check. Assuming your opponent is capable of folding a queen. Problem with the bet/fold is that many players overuse it and I have been noticing more and more players bet/folding more and more. This is when I attempt to put them on a hand and access whether it was a bet/fold on their part or not. And my success rate doing this has been great but only over a small sample.

I had 56 of spades against a MP raiser and a caller, the flop read KsJs8c. I check, he bets, one fold, I call, turn is an Ad. I check and he bets. I call. River is a Qd. I check, he bets and I raised and he folded. Told me he had AQos.

So I think the Bet/fold line is good as long as you are willing to mix it in with the checking behind as well. Do not want to allow yourself to make yourself predictable and get outplayed. Any other thoughts on this?
Old 02-19-2007, 07:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
hrmmm, ok, so its kinda like the idea of not firing the second barrel when you pick up a draw and will have to call a c/r.

have you got a link to the post you made, Gib?

[/ QUOTE ]
Yep on the money Snitch.

Here's the Linky
I believe it was ILP & miles who pointed out that I should be checking this turn.
Old 02-19-2007, 07:47 AM

while i was reading this, i played this hand. yes or no?

the cc pf is questionable i guess, but the raiser is laggy and the bb is a total lpp fish.

Full Tilt Poker
Limit Holdem Ring game
8 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (8 players) Hero is Button with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
UTG folds, <font color="#cc0000">UTG+1 raises</font>, 3 folds, Hero calls, SB folds, BB calls.

Flop: T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (6.5SB, 3 players)
BB checks, <font color="#cc0000">UTG+1 bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (6.25BB, 3 players)
BB checks, UTG+1 checks, Hero checks.

River: J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (6.25BB, 3 players)
BB checks, <font color="#cc0000">UTG+1 bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises</font>, BB folds, UTG+1 calls.

Results:
Final pot: 10.25BB
Old 02-19-2007, 07:53 AM

I would check here. Do not see what combination of cards you are value betting against here (within reason)
Old 02-19-2007, 07:57 AM

This is similar, the main difference is there's a flush draw on the flop &amp; it's 3handed, but there's prolly a decent chance you'll get c/r'ed here so I think it's fine.

If the PF-raiser is laggy &amp; the BB is very loose then I still like 3banging PF for value.

FWIW if the river was a blank I'd still call the river bet.

Edit: There could be an argument for betting the turn as it is 3handed (which means we can safely fold the river UI if we get c/r'ed), but I believe if we feel there's a decent chance UTG+1 has an A &amp; will c/r then it would be correct to check behind.
Old 02-19-2007, 08:12 AM

cool.

thanks for the discussion Gib (and others).
Old 02-19-2007, 09:26 AM

What's the "screwplay" that is talked about in that thread? I've not heard of this (but it sounds like fun heh heh).
Old 02-19-2007, 10:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What's the "screwplay" that is talked about in that thread? I've not heard of this (but it sounds like fun heh heh).

[/ QUOTE ]

That's when you check-raise someone on one street after being the aggressor on the last street. You're basically fooling them into thinking you are giving up and letting them bet a worse hand so you can get 2 bets in. This is common in short-handed where everybody bets when checked to.