Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-30-2006, 02:31 PM

Default Re: NCAA Bowl Thread

Wow, pretty scary throw there that ends up being a touchdown. When did Navy throw the ball over 30 yards?
Old 12-30-2006, 03:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Brian Toal is an absolute beast. I can't wait to see him in the backfield next year...or at least I hope that's what the BC coach does to take full advantage of his best athelete.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup, he scored a touchdown again. This kid should be at Rutgers, thanks Schiano for not even offering him a scholarship thinking it was "a waste." We will be watching him play on Sundays.
Old 12-30-2006, 05:05 PM

Hell of an ending to this Navy-BC games. 1:00 left Navy fumbled it BC driving down by 2.
Old 12-30-2006, 05:08 PM

The walk on kicker just hit the game winner. Heart breaker for Navy. Took a big chance on a third and long and it cost them the game.
Old 12-30-2006, 05:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
cmon it's not hard to get the NFL network, I got it at my home and school and live in Canada ffs, fantastic game. I always thought if any team can come back it is TT, but I didn't want to watch in case they didn't. I started watching again in the 3rd quarter when they scored to make it 38-14. Excellent last quarter and a half.
Stupid minnesota coach, they rushed 3 the whole 1st half with great success, but once TT made adjustments, Minn kept falling back into the same coverage again and again and again and couldn't make another adjustment. Honestly, any half decent QB can eventually pick a defense apart when you give him the same defense to look at the entire game.

[/ QUOTE ]

it is hard to get NFL for many people

Comcast doesn't carry it around Chicago
Old 12-30-2006, 05:46 PM

Wow, nice job by Iowa on that opening drive. Texas gets a chance to respond here but I didnt think Iowa was really gonna do anything. See if they can do this all game.
Old 12-30-2006, 05:47 PM

I love college football, but sometimes the coaching is so bad, it is hard to watch. I thought nobody could top Glen Mason's job last night, but Navy did it today.

For those who didn't see, Navy leads by 2 with 1:50 to go. Their ball at the 50, BC has no timeouts left and it is 3rd and 15. I thought it was obvious you just run up the middle, take the clock down close to 1 minute, and punt BC deep. Game almost certainly over.

Instead, Navy runs the option, and they fumble the pitch. BC gets it at the Navy 40, a few plays later they kick the game winning field goal. Now why on earth do you run a risky option play on 3rd and 15. Do you really think you are going to pick up the first? Very little chance.

I feel sorry for the Navy players. They play their hearts out, and have the game virtually won. Then the coach calls a risky play and they lose. They deserved better.
Old 12-30-2006, 05:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Wow, nice job by Iowa on that opening drive. Texas gets a chance to respond here but I didnt think Iowa was really gonna do anything. See if they can do this all game.

[/ QUOTE ]

since I bet huge on Texas, I expect Iowa to go crazy all game
Old 12-30-2006, 05:51 PM

brilliant

McCoy throws short of the first down and Texas picks up a personal foul. If it can go wrong, it is for my bets this week.

BTW-Lol at the announcer talking about what a benefit it is to get Shada back for Iowa. He's the worst corner in the big10.
Old 12-30-2006, 05:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
BTW-Lol at the announcer talking about what a benefit it is to get Shada back for Iowa. He's the worst corner in the big10.

[/ QUOTE ]

Speaking of LOL at the announcers, how about Chris Spielman saying Iowa would decline the late hit on that third down play, so it would bring up 4th down. The guy played about 20 years between college and pro, yet doesn't know that you don't get the down over on a dead ball, personal foul. What an idiot. Sean McDonough quickly corrected him at least. Glad to know one guy in the booth actually knows the rules.