Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-25-2007, 01:07 PM

Default Re: Anybody here got a vasectomy?

[ QUOTE ]
So, you get a vasectomy and then down the line you fall in love, get married and want kids. Then what. Reverse vasectomies don't always work. If you do go through with this make damn sure you get some of your ejactulation frozen so you can have YOUR OWN KIDS some day.

[/ QUOTE ]
Does OP really belong in the gene pool?
Old 11-25-2007, 03:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
And before you have one they will schedule a counseling session first, to discuss your reasons for wanting one. They will try to talk you out of it, and at your age, they're right to do so. The reversal process is ten times more difficult and rarley ever works.

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha at my counseling session, I brought my three kids. They were running around the office, and at one point my 3-year-old tried to push the doctor off of his chair. After reading the boilerplate warnings about it not being reversible, the doc says: "Well, you've convinced me."
Old 11-25-2007, 04:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Technically I had one when I had a hernia when I was four and the operation didn't go exactly as planned. I can't tell you much about it except that it really [censored] with your head when adults decide to explain to you at ten years old that you can't have kids.

I was going to post more about this in the "Do you want children?" thread but got lazy when I realized how long the description of this trauma would be.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow that sucks! Not sure why a hernia operation would require a vasectomy tho. Trip report? Can you still have normal orgasms?

FWIW, I got snipped after our 2nd child was born. Piece-o-cake! My wife is very glad I took care of things on my side.. Def improves sexy time not having to worry about being protected.

BB
Old 11-25-2007, 06:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Technically I had one when I had a hernia when I was four and the operation didn't go exactly as planned. I can't tell you much about it except that it really [censored] with your head when adults decide to explain to you at ten years old that you can't have kids.

I was going to post more about this in the "Do you want children?" thread but got lazy when I realized how long the description of this trauma would be.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow that sucks! Not sure why a hernia operation would require a vasectomy tho. Trip report? Can you still have normal orgasms?

FWIW, I got snipped after our 2nd child was born. Piece-o-cake! My wife is very glad I took care of things on my side.. Def improves sexy time not having to worry about being protected.

BB

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think a hernia operation ever requires a vasectomy. Sounds to me like the surgeon screwed up. He probably has grounds for a massive malpractice suit, except statute of limitations has probably expired.
Old 11-25-2007, 06:43 PM

Two weeks ago here. The shot in the sack sucked...as did the trouble he had getting the 2nd side done. The procedure itself was overall a little more uncomfortable than I had probably imagined going in, but my personal recovery was ridiculously easy. I worked the next day and spent 8 hours the day after that at a gymnastics coaching clinic. A little 'tender' for a day or two...and my right one turned a little black & blue, but I feel very fortunate to not have had post-procedure pain/problems.
Old 11-25-2007, 06:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Two weeks ago here. The shot in the sack sucked...as did the trouble he had getting the 2nd side done. The procedure itself was overall a little more uncomfortable than I had probably imagined going in, but my personal recovery was ridiculously easy. I worked the next day and spent 8 hours the day after that at a gymnastics coaching clinic. A little 'tender' for a day or two...and my right one turned a little black & blue, but I feel very fortunate to not have had post-procedure pain/problems.

[/ QUOTE ]

Congrats on having a reason to get this done.
Old 11-25-2007, 08:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

BB

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, the snip was some sort of mistake. I'm missing a pretty big chunk of one of my balls as well. I'd say it's about half the size of the other one. That was done intentionally as part of the operation, though. Everything works fine down there other than the fact that I can't reproduce.

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think a hernia operation ever requires a vasectomy. Sounds to me like the surgeon screwed up. He probably has grounds for a massive malpractice suit, except statute of limitations has probably expired.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, it was quite awhile ago (I don't think people were so quick to sue back then) and my parents are very forgiving people when it comes to honest mistakes.
Old 11-25-2007, 08:27 PM
 is offline

"Have you had your vasectomy today?"

Old 11-25-2007, 08:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Congrats on having a reason to get this done.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks Jay [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 11-25-2007, 09:30 PM

Even vasectomies are not 100%. Occasionally the ducts grow back together.

Only 100% solution is abstinence.