Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-03-2007, 04:10 AM

Default Re: Brag or Beat: Just bought a 2007 Yaris

Although I don't care if it sells well or not, it drives well, I like the way it looks
Old 02-03-2007, 04:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Just saying I didn't getting any financial help. Are you aware that the Yaris is the best or second best-selling car in all of europe? I'm sure that not everyone hated that car until they bought it.

[/ QUOTE ]

#1 Where are you getting this "best selling car in Europe" stat?
#2 This ain't Europe.
#3 It doesn't matter if you paid for it by yourself or not. In fact, it's worse that you paid for it. I would gladly accept this car for free, but not if I had to pay $10k+.
#4 The only people that like the car, own it. Even those that used to own it have admitted they didn't like it. It's OK if you need a high mpg car, but to say "IT LOOKS SO GOOT!" is a lie. Also, you defeat the purpose of having a high mpg if you pay too much for a car (except in the case of the environment I guess, but you stated saving $ on gas not saving the world)
Old 02-03-2007, 04:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Although I don't care if it sells well or not, it drives well, I like the way it looks

[/ QUOTE ]

A majority of cars "drive well." You are posting on 2+2 to seek approval of the purchase, so obviously you care about what others think on the looks. If you liked the way it looks and love the purchase, no need to post. Huge mistake, but I know you'll learn from it.
Old 02-03-2007, 04:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
#1 Where are you getting this "best selling car in Europe" stat?
#2 This ain't Europe.
#3 It doesn't matter if you paid for it by yourself or not. In fact, it's worse that you paid for it. I would gladly accept this car for free, but not if I had to pay $10k+.
#4 The only people that like the car, own it. Even those that used to own it have admitted they didn't like it. It's OK if you need a high mpg car, but to say "IT LOOKS SO GOOT!" is a lie. Also, you defeat the purpose of having a high mpg if you pay too much for a car (except in the case of the environment I guess, but you stated saving $ on gas not saving the world)

[/ QUOTE ]

1. Its on the Toyota website
2. There are other places in the world besides the US, check out a map
3. I am glad I'm paying for it myself, I'm establishing good credit and it help me be responsible.
4. I think its a nice looking car, and did before I bought it.
5. I got it to save $on gas and the environment was also a good thing I was looking for.
Old 02-03-2007, 04:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]

A majority of cars "drive well." You are posting on 2+2 to seek approval of the purchase, so obviously you care about what others think on the looks. If you liked the way it looks and love the purchase, no need to post. Huge mistake, but I know you'll learn from it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't post to get approval, I posted to see what people thought of the way I executed buying my first new car, I really don't care if nobody here thinks it looks good. I just wanted to get feedback on deal and such.
Old 02-03-2007, 04:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't post to get approval, I posted to see what people thought of the way I executed buying my first new car, I really don't care if nobody here thinks it looks good. I just wanted to get feedback on deal and such.

[/ QUOTE ]

the deal's horrible you flamebaiting [censored]. you put $1200 down on a car that you whittled the price down to a purported $12000, right? so $10,800's leftover. you're paying $300/mth over 5 yrs=$18000. i'm not even going to bother calculating the interest rate there but it's very high.

your execution was [censored].
Old 02-03-2007, 04:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

"what do you guys think of the car"
You keep getting butt-hurt when someone brings up how ugly the piece of [censored] is. You do care, stop the denial and stop parading around with "BEST SELLING CAR IN EUROPE" until you can prove it and state a reason that phrase actually makes it a great car. It's not even a top 10 car in Europe. But hey, I heard doing heroin is pretty popular in the UK.... give it a try!
Old 02-03-2007, 04:34 AM

I think I may have messed up some numbers because it shouldn't be 18000. Let me check papers again.
Old 02-03-2007, 04:36 AM

I was asking for opinions, that doesn't mean I care either way, just curious.
Old 02-03-2007, 04:41 AM

I didn't read the replies, but go ahead and take it back tomorrow. You can do that fyi.