Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-09-2007, 02:53 AM

Default Live play Tendencies ....

I'm playing live $1/2 brick,mort and want to ask LIVE players what Tendencies they run into. (hand donks play, betting patterns, tells (yeah right) etc etc. Thank you 2p2 for the wisdom. fishcakes for life!!
Old 10-09-2007, 04:51 AM

Default Re: Live play Tendencies ....

this is probably getting locked real quick

i see a lot of players limp/call w/ any suited cards regardless of your PF raise. I've had people call me w/ K2 suited when I raise to 25 PF (4 limpers), flop comes Q22. Good think I had pocket queens. loltrickedme
Old 10-09-2007, 05:18 AM

People disregard position. They will limp UTG much more frequently than online.
As far as hands, as Diamond said, people play suited cards quite frequently
Old 10-09-2007, 05:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm playing live $1/2 brick,mort and want to ask LIVE players what Tendencies they run into. (hand donks play, betting patterns, tells (yeah right) etc etc. Thank you 2p2 for the wisdom. fishcakes for life!!

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll break it down into the seperate things you asked for. NOTE, this will be different at higher levels, this is specific for the 1/2 game that you asked about.

Hands donks play: Most of the true donks have a very strict rule about hand selection, they make sure that the dealer actualy gave them two cards. Once a live donk limps, he will call raises "to protect his children"

Betting patterns: On this one, I have to seperate the donks from the skilled LAGs. You will be able to spot the difference pretty quickly. Single pair hands will be WAY overplayed. Limping with marginal hands becomes profitable for a skilled LAG since you will be paid off nicely when you hit. Live 1/2 players will gladly stack off with TPGK even if they are 200-300 blinds deep. Also, live 1/2 plays much bigger than online. The "standard" PFR is $15-$30 instead of the 3-5 BBs you see online.

Tells: The old rule of "weak means strong and strong means weak" will come in handy. Live low limit players will tend to give out a lot of information through table talk. As far as specific physical tells, they are not as reliable as betting patterns but still useful.

Hope this helps, live play has sick variation but is quite profitable. I definantly prefer it over online.
Old 10-09-2007, 09:09 AM

What canvasbck wrote is really good -- and true. I, too, prefer live.

Ditto the any two suited cards. And live 1/2 donks will chase almost anything with little regard to pot odds, implied odds, etc. If any flush/straight hits the river, regardless of how backdoor it was, if they start betting, they probably hit it.
Old 10-09-2007, 09:55 AM

Limp/call much more frequent. Huge preflop raises much more common. Lack of positional element. No existing betting line to take that will get someone off a flush draw. Very obvious physical tells such as staring directly at you and saying "check" loudly because they want a free card. Never thinking it's remotely possible that you have TT or 8x on a T88 rainbow board if you lead out.
Old 10-09-2007, 10:39 AM

Live 1/2 NL players will gladly pay any sized bet when they are 4-flushed or open-ended after the flop. They have no regard for the pot odds associated with their draw, and usually don't care if their draw is to the nuts (i.e., still willingly calling huge bets with baby flush draws or when facing a paired board). It's great for you when the math holds up, but sucks when the draw hits despite getting your money in good.

I don't see this as much on-line... at least not playing these draws passively. On-line, I think players are more likely to be playing nut draws, and when they do, they are more likely to take the action to you by betting them. Live play seems more passive.
Old 10-09-2007, 10:50 AM

The main thing is... there are no Doomswitch accounts live.
Old 10-09-2007, 10:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
this is probably getting locked real quick

[/ QUOTE ]

this kind of thread is fine, its not strategy. If you post a hand history then it gets moved.
Old 10-09-2007, 11:01 AM

All posts are great. TYVM!