Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-28-2007, 03:11 AM

Default Re: WOW! No Official Ranking Thread. I Will Start One

[ QUOTE ]
peeps dont give hawaii enuff love. i know they dont play anyone but a healthy brennan is fun to watch. they pass about 70xs per game and hang the pts. i know they wont make or win NC game but Id like to see them win a BCS bid. How many times do top 10 teams have to lose before you have no choice to give Kansas or Hawaii some respect or a shot in a BCS game. Boise State last yr pulled off the unthinkable. Maybe Kansas or Hawaii could do the same.

[/ QUOTE ]

every team in the nation would have to have 3+ losses before I even considered Hawaii for BCS

they just aren't that good...it's not just that they play really weak competition, it's that they scrape by against them and don't look like a top-25 team in the process (exact opposite of OSU's saving grace)

they don't get any love because they don't deserve it.
Old 10-28-2007, 03:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
peeps dont give hawaii enuff love. i know they dont play anyone but a healthy brennan is fun to watch. they pass about 70xs per game and hang the pts. i know they wont make or win NC game but Id like to see them win a BCS bid. How many times do top 10 teams have to lose before you have no choice to give Kansas or Hawaii some respect or a shot in a BCS game. Boise State last yr pulled off the unthinkable. Maybe Kansas or Hawaii could do the same.

[/ QUOTE ]

boise st last year was a better team than this year's hawaii.

however to be fair to hawaii, their close game against louisiana tech was after an 11 hour flight and that's just plain nasty. --and the san jose state game was played in slop.

we will have to see how they finish out the year especially the last 2 games against boise st and wash
Old 10-28-2007, 03:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
every team in the nation would have to have 3+ losses before I even considered Hawaii for BCS

[/ QUOTE ]
Aren't they pretty much a lock for the non BCS conference BCS spot if they win out and probably even with one loss?
Old 10-28-2007, 03:30 AM

1. Ohio State
2. Kansas
3. Arizona State
4. Boston College

I have to investigate more after that...pretty sure the next group is LSU, Oregon, WVU, Oklahoma (my lean is in that order)
Old 10-28-2007, 03:31 AM

i dont think alot of these teams deserve it. I think BC will lose one. FSU has a good front 7 but a terrible back 4 kinda like the Dallas Cowboys. Their remaining 4 games are managable then they have ACC championship. I think LSU will lose again either vs Bama or SEC championship game. I love their D but dont trust their O. Oklahoma plays close games every week and that will bite them in ass. I say in the end it will be ASU vs WVU. It will be nice to see Kansas or Mizzou sneak in there.
Old 10-28-2007, 03:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Aren't they pretty much a lock for the non BCS conference BCS spot if they win out and probably even with one loss?

[/ QUOTE ]

They have to win their conference and be in the top 12 of the final rankings. That ain't happening with one loss.
Old 10-28-2007, 03:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

if I am correct they need to be in the top 12 just to qualify for an at-large bid; this bid doesn't automatically go to a non-BCS school...it could just as easily go to the loser of the big 12 title game if OU/undefeated KU meet up or to the 2nd place pac-10 team

as stated above, one loss and hawaii can kiss the BCS goodbye

if they do get selected, the line on them versus any realistic BCS team would have to be like +17
Old 10-28-2007, 03:49 AM

The rule is that they get an automatic invite if they are in the top 12(or top 16 if they are ranked higher than the champion of a BCS conference, which could maybe happen with the SEC this year).

They have the same eligibility requirements for an at-large as everyone else, but no bowl is going to want Hawaii to go in there and get embarrassed, so it's automatic bid or nothing.

Did they change the "2 teams per conference" max rule? The Pac-10 could make that rule look terrible.
Old 10-28-2007, 03:52 AM

Damn you Arnold_O! I can't believe someone ranked more teams than me! Anyway, here's what I have:

1. Ohio State 9-0
2. LSU 7-1
3. Arizona State 8-0 (Really, really impressed with the way they played against Cal, had them #10 last week)
4. Boston College 8-0
5. Oregon 7-1
6. West Virginia 7-1
7. Oklahoma 7-1
8. Kansas 8-0 (Played very well against A&M, but I can't really put them ahead of the Sooners yet)
9. Missouri 7-1
10. South Florida 7-2
11. Auburn 6-3
12. Florida 5-3
13. Georgia 6-2
14. USC 6-2
15. Connecticut 7-1
16. Virginia Tech 6-2
17. California 5-3
18. South Carolina 6-3
19. Kentucky 6-3
20. Michigan 7-2
21. Alabama 6-2
22. Kansas State 5-3
23. Texas 7-2
24. Tennessee 5-3
25. Clemson 6-2
26. Boise State 7-1
27. Cincinnatti 6-2
28. Rutgers 5-3
29. UCLA 5-3
30. Hawaii 8-0
31. Penn State 6-3
32. Oregon State 5-3
33. Georgia Tech 5-3
34. Wake Forest 6-2
35. Arkansas 5-3
36. Purdue 7-2
37. Oklahoma State 5-3
38. Virginia 7-2
39. Colorado 5-4
40. BYU 5-2
41. New Mexico 6-2
42. Illinois 6-3
Old 10-28-2007, 04:01 AM

BTW, Arnold, USF at 25 is ridiculously low. They beat West Virginia who looks like one of the best teams in the country and beat Auburn on the road who looks like the 2nd best team in the SEC. Two close road losses to Top 30 teams isn't any reason to drop a team below Wisconsin. The only time Wisconsin played a team that was even close to being Top 30, they lost by 31 points.