Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-28-2007, 02:01 AM

Default Peels

Hand #1 Villain is a 26/16 type. No other reads. Also, comments on my river play?

Absolute Poker
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $1/$2
4 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (4 players) Hero is UTG with 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
<font color="#cc0000">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, 2 folds.

Flop: 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (5.5SB, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Button raises</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (4.75BB, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">Button bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (6.75BB, 2 players)
Hero checks,

Hand#2. Villain is 50/1/0.9. Pretty poor postflop. Donks a lot.

Absolute Poker
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $1/$2
6 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is CO with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises</font>, 3 folds, UTG calls.

Flop: 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (5.5SB, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (3.75BB, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">UTG bets</font>, Hero folds.
Uncalled bets: 1BB returned to UTG.
Old 02-28-2007, 02:07 AM

Default Re: Peels

Hand 1: Gross flop peel. What do you suspect button's calling your pfr + raising that flop with? I'd let him have it.

Hand 2: If he's terrible postflop and you suspect he's donking with less than a marginal holding, raise the flop unless you suspect he'll donk into you on blank turns with those poor holdings also.

Hand 2:
Old 02-28-2007, 02:12 AM

Hand 1. I think it's ok, but I'd donk the river, there's a pretty good chance he'll check thru with a [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] draw or A high (or maybe even his mid pp). FWIW A high raises this flop alot &amp; will call alot of river donks here as well.

Hand 2. I prefer raising the flop here for a free card play if you can get it, tho against a habitual donker it may be best to just call the flop &amp; fold UI on the turn if he donks again.
Old 02-28-2007, 02:33 AM

Hand 1: I think you probably should fold to the flop raise. Once you have made the flush on the river I like a bet because if he has a 9 he'll probably raise so you get to three bet him. If he has an ace high spade draw you might get a call out of him where he will check if you check behind him.

Hand 2: If he is really donking every hand I'd go ahead and call him down. If he is only betting with a piece of the board of some sort then the flop decisions is pretty marginal in either a call or fold. I'd lean toward a call because of the back door draw. Again if he bets the turn and is the type that wouldn't do that without a piece of some sort I think you can fold unimproved.
Old 02-28-2007, 02:33 AM

Hand 1: I play it the same until the river, where I bet/call.

Hand 2: If the villain had me tilted a little with his donk bets, I'd call, otherwise I'd fold. Depends a lot on whether you've seen villain donk with air. The board is pretty dry.
Old 02-28-2007, 04:12 AM

I play both hands the same.

Calling the flop raise in hand 1 against a fairly aggresive player is fine IMO. When I guy like this is coldcalling second in, its a lower-medium pp, a suited ace or a suited connector a lot. Dont give him credit for the 9 just yet. BTW I think its a sticky situation, but folding these flops will be pretty exploitable.

In hand 2 with your read I peel 1 too. I suspect the T and A outs is good fairly often. In addition there is back door draws.
Old 02-28-2007, 06:03 AM

Hand 1 I fold preflop, and I fold the flop. You're getting 8.5-1 so you need 5 outs on average. I don't think villain will be bluffing or having a flush draw often enough for you to call here.

Hand 2 I just fold, the pot is small, villain is passive and you missed the flop completely. Even if he donks the flop a lot he'll have a pair pretty often IMO.
Old 02-28-2007, 07:11 AM

Hand 1 is standard IMO. Folding the flop looks pretty weak. On the river he usually either has a pocket pair which he's probably valuebetting, or a busted draw that we want to give a chance to bluff.

Hand 2 looks close to me. I don't think he's giving up on the turn much if you're ahead, so based on our outs and the small chance he gives up on the turn do we have enough to peel? Iono. I would probably justify a peel while playing.