Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-15-2007, 06:36 AM

Default Re: Ak, check raised on flop, what do u do

I fold flop unless hes a total aggro donk.
Old 10-15-2007, 08:19 AM

2 pair and a flopped str8 seem unlikely because a blind would not want to call a raise with those hands pre flop. QT fpr the flopped str8 is also unlikely. The str8 draws would not be raising here IMO. So this feels like a set, AA or QQ feeler or poss KQ testing you. I would respect his raise. Now the question do you have odds and reason to call? I don't think so here is how I looked at it if he has a set you have 2 outs to a better set. If he has 2 pair that does not include a 9 you have 6 outs to a better 2 pair. If he has 2 pair and the board pairs any of the other cards he fills up. So I guess it comes down to one question Are you ahead right now? If not then fold.
Old 10-15-2007, 08:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
2 pair and a flopped str8 seem unlikely because a blind would not want to call a raise with those hands pre flop. QT fpr the flopped str8 is also unlikely. The str8 draws would not be raising here IMO. So this feels like a set, AA or QQ feeler or poss KQ testing you. I would respect his raise. Now the question do you have odds and reason to call? I don't think so here is how I looked at it if he has a set you have 2 outs to a better set. If he has 2 pair that does not include a 9 you have 6 outs to a better 2 pair. If he has 2 pair and the board pairs any of the other cards he fills up. So I guess it comes down to one question Are you ahead right now? If not then fold.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is one of the worst posts I've ever read.
Old 10-15-2007, 08:35 AM

yah that post pretty much made my head explode
Old 10-15-2007, 03:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
2 pair and a flopped str8 seem unlikely because a blind would not want to call a raise with those hands pre flop. QT fpr the flopped str8 is also unlikely.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is certainly possible. I'm not ruling out QT,KJ, or even K9 and J9. Definitely not without seeing some stats or reads.

[ QUOTE ]
The str8 draws would not be raising here IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea...probably not.

[ QUOTE ]

So this feels like a set, AA or QQ feeler or poss KQ testing you.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it's pretty unlikely he has AA,QQ though possible. He could have KQ, but this is really the only hand he could have here that hero beats I think. A set is likely.

[ QUOTE ]
I would respect his raise. Now the question do you have odds and reason to call? I don't think so here is how I looked at it if he has a set you have 2 outs to a better set.

[/ QUOTE ]

Um...no. If he has 99 and JJ for a set and you get one of the other 2 K's to come up on the board......then yes you now have 3 K's. And he has a full house 999KK or JJJKK. That beats your KKKAJ.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
If he has 2 pair that does not include a 9 you have 6 outs to a better 2 pair. If he has 2 pair and the board pairs any of the other cards he fills up.

[/ QUOTE ]

Again...no. If he has KJ then you have 3 outs: your A. If a 9 came up he would have KKJJ9. You would have KK99A. Two pairs K's and J's beats 2 pairs K's and 9's so you lose again. If he has J9 you have 5 outs ont he turn and if you miss likely 8 outs on the river. If he has K9 you have 6 outs on the turn.

[ QUOTE ]
So I guess it comes down to one question Are you ahead right now? If not then fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

This isn't the question that hands come down to. It comes down to how much equity you have and the price you are getting.

At least you seem to have somehow arrived at what I think and judging from the other people who have posted what they think is the correct play. Fold. Though I suppose could call on flop and see turn (hoprefully he checks), but we really have to fold to any sizeable bet there so...