Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-23-2007, 03:36 PM

Default Re: bay101 roll call

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
He already did. Haakee looks exactly like his avatar too.

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha, I think you asked me whether I was DeathDonkey today. Am I right?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice! I've never even been to northern california, though we are tentatively trying to find time to come up. When/if I get there that's really going to mess things up I see [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

-DeathDonkey
Old 08-23-2007, 04:01 PM

NO MORE 2P2 AT DOPLHIN CHIP LAND PLEASE. [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]
Old 08-23-2007, 04:08 PM

Which one of you animals is Gary, the physics professor?
Old 08-23-2007, 05:16 PM

LOL...that guy used to be a regular at The Oaks. I've NEVER seen him leave with chips. He's in my Top5 allstars. He used to go bust, borrow $500 from someone then run it up to 4 racks. Then go bust and wander around the Oaks looking for another poor sucker to borrow from.
Old 08-23-2007, 05:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Im going to be there on friday during the day till about 8 or9. I am half asian with short buzzed hair and a goatee, feel free to say if any of you are there.

[/ QUOTE ]

only 1/2? I thought you were pure, you look more Asian than anglo. Whats your mix? Also how did you play with Sucker? I didnt know your playing 40 or bigger now, congrats.

[/ QUOTE ]

How odd, I thought he was 100% white!
Old 08-23-2007, 07:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Haha, I think you asked me whether I was DeathDonkey today. Am I right?

[/ QUOTE ]

Right. I didn't think Death Donkey played Bay 101 but when that guy at my table said "hey Donkey" I gave it a shot. Nice to put your face with your handle. See you soon in the 1/2.

Oh yeah, when it's you, and the bald dude, and Eric, and Jango, and.... I stay away. The smaller games are so much fishier.
Old 08-23-2007, 08:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
LOL...that guy used to be a regular at The Oaks. I've NEVER seen him leave with chips. He's in my Top5 allstars. He used to go bust, borrow $500 from someone then run it up to 4 racks. Then go bust and wander around the Oaks looking for another poor sucker to borrow from.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hadn't played with him in a years until a recent session at Garden City. He said he just came off the 1/2 at Bay 101.

Weird style. He didn't leave with many chips during that session.

He is one of the more personable players around regardless of results. Figured he might post here (even if he plays contrary to a 2+2 style).
Old 08-23-2007, 08:24 PM

My wife and I play about once a week or so. I usually play the 40 or the 1/2, and she usually plays the 20 or the 40.
Old 08-25-2007, 10:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Supposedly the 20/40 games are infested with 2p2ers but you'd never guess it from playing there.

[/ QUOTE ]
Agree. I feel like I make money in almost any lineup at 20.
[ QUOTE ]
some guy always playing 40/80. Looks to be around 25-30. he has a pony tail, glasses, wears a bellagio baseball cap, usually dressed up in a black suit. (lol vague description right...)

[/ QUOTE ]
Sounds like Karma/Tony...don't think he's a 2+2 regular, but he's RGP/BARGE. I think he's pretty good, but he plays very differently than I expect. Used to be a prop.
[ QUOTE ]
Other guy often in the 20, some asian kid with a shaved head.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'd believe it, don't know for sure though.
[ QUOTE ]
Finally, asian kid with a pony tail. Always dressed like a bum in a tshirt and cargo shorts.

[/ QUOTE ]
Awesome. I think I should be proud.

I see CDC (ask to see his chip carrying case!) and Sucker and Elena around pretty often as well. Not sure who ProfessorBen, Captain R, geormiet, Analyst, vmacosta, or Fianchetto are, although it seems fairly likely that we would recognize each other. I think I know who haakee is, but I'm not terribly sure.

Oh, and I think Rob(?) is a very occasional lurker - middle aged white guy, short curly hair, glasses - I think his name is EasyGoer, he posted a tournament hand during Shooting Stars this year.

I'm likely to be around on Sunday if anyone wants to introduce themselves.

[ QUOTE ]
Does anyone know if Justin, red headed guy, mid 20's, no taller than 5'8'', works in Venture Capital, plays as high as the 1/2 game, reasonably solid player is 2p2? He's the only guy I've met in my 100+ playing hours.

[/ QUOTE ]
I doubt it. If he's playing 1/2, he's taking a shot. I think he's a small winning player in the 40.
[ QUOTE ]
BTW, GC is rumored to be starting a 60/120 soon for people who can't handle the jump between 40/80 and 100/200 =).

[/ QUOTE ]
Whoa, that ought to be interesting. I'm kind of surprised the 40's lasted as long as it has - the few times I've been there it seemed like the bad regulars were getting bled dry pretty quickly. I don't go to GC often because I think it's got stupid rules and Roger the floorman's a jerk, but I'd go if they got 60 going regularly with GC regulars.
[ QUOTE ]
My wife and I play about once a week or so. I usually play the 40 or the 1/2, and she usually plays the 20 or the 40.

[/ QUOTE ] T (dark hair, mustache) and J (medium length dark hair, glasses)?
Old 08-26-2007, 05:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
BTW, GC is rumored to be starting a 60/120 soon for people who can't handle the jump between 40/80 and 100/200 =).

[/ QUOTE ]
Whoa, that ought to be interesting. I'm kind of surprised the 40's lasted as long as it has - the few times I've been there it seemed like the bad regulars were getting bled dry pretty quickly. I don't go to GC often because I think it's got stupid rules and Roger the floorman's a jerk, but I'd go if they got 60 going regularly with GC regulars.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've also heard that GC is going to spread 60/120, as a replacement for the 40/80. I doubt they could spread both, even though the 40/80 seems to be going well. Makes sense: 20/40 -> 40/80 at Bay101 -> 60/120 at GC -> 100/200 at Bay101.

If the GC 60/120 has the lineup of the current 20 or 40 games . . . [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]