Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-13-2007, 01:45 AM

Default Re: Sopranos Season Finale Discussion

[ QUOTE ]
I don't understand why people would think this show WOULDN'T be popular.

[/ QUOTE ]

No HBO program had every been anywhere near as popular as The Sopranos.
Old 06-13-2007, 02:50 AM

Some really good stuff in here from Cry Me a River.
Old 06-13-2007, 09:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
That means that in the traditional 12-13 episode season, each episode unfolds over the course of a month.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nitting: it doesn't mean that, because between every season a substantial amount of time passes approximately equal to the break that we the viewers took. So about a year between most seasons, sometimes more. Even between 6a and 6b I believe it was made clear that about a year passed.

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course you're right, but I never said otherwise. I know that long periods of time pass between seasons. I only said that each season lasts roughly one year, meaning each epsode lasts about a month. Obviously though, some episodes may only span a few weeks, while others may take place over 2 months.
Old 06-13-2007, 10:39 AM

I liked this ending a lot. I thought it
Old 06-13-2007, 10:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
WTF at this only being the 4th rated Sopranos episode ever. How is that even possible?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is mostly an artifact of how ratings are calculted. The top two "rated" Sopranos episodes aired in 2002 or 2003. Back then, Nielsen counted all HBO channels as a single channel, so anyone who happened to be watching HBO2 or HBO Family or whatever at that time was counted as watching the Sopranos. As of 2004, this is no longer true.
Additionally, this episode was also available "On Demand", and alot more people have TiVo now than they did in 2002, and watching in these ways won't count in the ratings. Although if there was ever an episode that most people watched live, this would be it.
Old 06-13-2007, 11:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I liked this ending a lot. I thought it

[/ QUOTE ]

nh
Old 06-13-2007, 03:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If they were gonna leave stuff up to the imagination they they might as well have rolled the credits at the beggining of the episode and let us imagine the whole thing. I dont think the ending was brilliant I think it was an easy way out. And yes we know in life everything is not tied in w knot, but a tv show is there to tell a story from start to finish.

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you seen "Lost in Translation"? The big mystery at the end there is what does Bill Murray whisper to Scarlett Johannsen? Now, I really liked the movie, but I HATED Sophia Coppola's answer that she never had any intention of sharing that with us, because it's between the two characters. I hated that because we paid $X to watch her story, and then she tells us we don't get to know the story, even though it unfolds right in front of us.

The Sopranos finale didn't bother me like this, as I just interpret that life goes on, but show is over (just like every other TV series). If something happened like a look of terror suddenly flashes across Meadow's face and screen goes black, well...

-Z
Old 06-13-2007, 03:42 PM

Zinzan:

Those lines in Lost in Translation are written in the script and available on the Internet. They were taken out because the truth is - they're garbage. Imagining them seems far better.
Old 06-13-2007, 04:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Zinzan:

Those lines in Lost in Translation are written in the script and available on the Internet. They were taken out because the truth is - they're garbage. Imagining them seems far better.

[/ QUOTE ]

What he said was "Baby, if I was 20 years younger..."
Old 06-13-2007, 05:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Have you seen "Lost in Translation"? The big mystery at the end there is what does Bill Murray whisper to Scarlett Johannsen? Now, I really liked the movie, but I HATED Sophia Coppola's answer that she never had any intention of sharing that with us, because it's between the two characters. I hated that because we paid $X to watch her story, and then she tells us we don't get to know the story, even though it unfolds right in front of us.

[/ QUOTE ]

Radiohead - Just

(Not a rickroll)