Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-28-2007, 01:42 PM

Default 77 line check

BB is a nitty TAG, 22/16/2, havent played with him much but seems pretty ABC. Button is SLPP, 40/3/.5.
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $5/$10
5 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is UTG with 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
<font color="#cc0000">Hero raises</font>, CO folds, Button calls, SB folds, <font color="#cc0000">BB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, Button calls.

Flop: Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (10SB, 3 players)
<font color="#cc0000">BB bets</font>, Hero calls, Button folds.

Turn: 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (6BB, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (8BB, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">BB bets</font>, Hero folds.

I think this is close to a flop fold. The turn I'm pretty much in the same situation as the flop and I wanna fold but can't quite hit the button. On the river, the straight card came giving me a very likely pair and he fires again, so it seems like a pretty safe fold then.
Old 11-28-2007, 01:55 PM

Default Re: 77 line check

I am not folding the flop

Looking at a call you get 11:1. Likely 12:1 here as the most likely action by the button is to overcall. Of course he will raise behind you but then you can call or fold if BB 3-balls and save a turn Big Bet compared to how the hand played out.

Anyhoo with 11:1 and prolly a little bit better you can continue here. Its huge you have the 7 of diamonds. This means that not only do you have a bdfd but when you hit a set you wont improve to the 2nd best behind a flush.

I'd say you have about 3 outs on average when behind on the flop and occasionally you have the best hand.

Folding here should not be an option IMO

Now just throwing it out there. Since BB is nit straightforward and since AK is in his range I would consider raising the flop for protection/info. The good thing here is that BB will play his hand face up telling you exactly if he has QQ, KK, AA or AK.

All in all I think you played it fine. Folding the river is good. He isnt betting AK very often IMO.
Old 11-28-2007, 02:06 PM

For me this is a raise or fold flop.If you get 3-bet you can safely lay down your hand IMO.
Old 11-28-2007, 02:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
For me this is a raise or fold flop.If you get 3-bet you can safely lay down your hand IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

How many outs would you give yourself when he 3-bets?

Against QQ, KK, AA its more than 2 on average. Maybe even 3. So folding getting 15:1 is close if not a mistake
Old 11-28-2007, 02:13 PM

He has a bdsd too. He has at least 4 outs. With the chance that his hand is good this can never be a flop fold.

I would raise flop. I don't see how a worse hand can 3b given circumstances. Calling flop and leaving 3rd player in just seems to be asking to be outdrawn. Our hand needs protection from overs and bigger diamonds. Btn will often have better backdoors and we want him GONE! (on your bike...)
Old 11-28-2007, 02:19 PM

How do you figure 4 outs? A 1 card bdfd isn't nearly as good as a 2 card one especially 7 high and the bdsd is a 1 gapper. I agree with Oink's assessment that it's a 3 outer.
Old 11-28-2007, 02:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree that it's a raise or fold on the flop, but if you get 3-bet, you've got to peel to the turn. If the turn is a blank (non 7 or diamond) and he continues to fire, then I think you can fold. This may have been what you meant.
Old 11-28-2007, 02:24 PM

Assuming a scenario in which button folds hero has 12.3% eq vs QQ, KK, AA. Thats about 3 outs

Now add AdKd and AQs and Hero has about 14.7% eq; about 3.5 outs.

In any case. Folding if it gets 3-bet is a mistake IMO. In particular considering the great implied vs KK and AA
Old 11-28-2007, 02:24 PM

So if I raise the flop and get 2 calls, what do I do on the turn? I really doubt my hand is good enough of the time on the flop to attempt to protect it.
Old 11-28-2007, 02:27 PM

I'd bet

You might get BB to fold JJ

button can have a bunch of draws

BB doesnt have KK and AA (likely)

If BB c/r you can make an easy fold.

The only spot where I'd consider checking is if a turn gives you a fd or a straight draw

Oh and also ck a K or A turn

rambling. Bet bricks. Check A and K. prolly check a d and a vcard giving you a gut