Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes

Old 11-27-2007, 09:21 PM

Default Tough Spot w/ AK

I'm probably playing at VPIP of 18% w/ a PFR% of 14%. In 136 hands CO is VPIP 27% and PFR% of 22%, we don't really have any history and I don't recall him reraising too often. I was interested in playing this hand when the BB who in 134 hands was playing at a VPIP of 33% and had a PFR% of 15% called the raise, although I don't have too much history with this player he did seem like one of the weaker spots at the table as it seemed as though not only was he playing too many hands, but playing too many hands OOP.

Full Tilt Poker, $1/$2 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
LeggoPoker.com - Hand History Converter

BTN: $539.50
SB: $198
BB: $144.25
Hero (UTG): $189 ($11 reload pending!!! I'm not too big of a donk!)
MP: $371.65
CO: $239.70

Pre-Flop: A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (UTG)
<font color="red">Hero raises to $7</font>, MP folds, <font color="red">CO raises to $24</font>, 2 folds, BB calls $22, Hero calls $17

Flop: ($73) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (3 Players)
BB checks, Hero checks, CO checks

Turn: ($73) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (3 Players)
<font color="red">BB bets $68</font>, Hero calls ???

I elected to check the flop to enable the reraiser to fire at the pot with QQ and JJ and also so that I could gauge the strength of the SB. Does anyone like to lead here?

What do you think on the turn? I think the only hand the BB can check behind with that has us beat is KK, as he is a pretty aggressive player. Let me know what you guys think or let me know if if you need more information for clarification.

Thanks,

Bob
Old 11-27-2007, 10:04 PM

Default Re: Tough Spot w/ AK

I like leading the flop. Im not so sure CO will bet the flop with QQ/JJ against two others on a K high flop. Im usually checking behind with those hands. If you lead the flop you're almost priced in regardless of what the turn brings, so id rather get it in that way than be faced with a tough turn decision you found yourself in.

Im folding on the turn as played though. Every draw just got there in the book, and BB's play preflop would lead me to think he has a small PP most of the time. He missed his c/r on the flop and now he can't afford to slowplay.
Old 11-27-2007, 10:21 PM

I think 4b or fold prf, as played uhh I guess I just go with it, TPTK RR pot.. needs squarely AA or KK, so w/e I'm sure his rang has a bunch of stuff that isnt KK+
Old 11-27-2007, 10:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think 4b or fold prf, as played uhh I guess I just go with it, TPTK RR pot.. needs squarely AA or KK, so w/e I'm sure his rang has a bunch of stuff that isnt KK+

[/ QUOTE ]

bb cold called pf yo
Old 11-27-2007, 10:33 PM

with the cold call i like 4 betting erhe because of the extra money in hte pot. coin flipping with one pair will be +EV in the long run.

as played im leading this flop. it doesnt gain hte most value from 1010-QQ but we dont get much more value from them by checking anyways.

as played i fold the turn having no redraw
Old 11-27-2007, 10:38 PM

Easy easy 4-bet pre. BB is donkish and flipping w/ overlay = $$$. They'll fold a lot too
Old 11-27-2007, 11:03 PM

yeah 4b seems totally standard with the coldcalling donk.