Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-16-2007, 04:46 AM

Default Huge pot developing

I raise A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] utg and get 6 coldcallers.

Flop: A58r

I bet, utg+1 raises, and 3 calls, I 3bet, utg+1 4bets all call and action is on me.

Where do I go from here?

Villian and I have a storied history. He is loose and aggressive. He is not stupid, but he is not the best hand reader and thinks I am more aggressive than I really am so he really ramps it up against me. During my epic downswing (which hopefully has ended) he put some epic beats on me so I am sure he thinks I hate him. The other villians are weak generally tight but arent afraid to loosen up when the pot is big.
Old 11-16-2007, 05:23 AM

Default Re: Huge pot developing

You just don't have enough equity in this pot to do anything but call down. if he turns up with ajs or whatever, just consider yourself very lucky--don't knock yourself for having lost value or whatever.
Old 11-16-2007, 05:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I raise A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] utg and get 6 coldcallers.

I bet, utg+1 raises, and 3 calls, I 3bet, utg+1 4bets all call and action is on me.

Where do I go from here?

Villian and I have a storied history. He is loose and aggressive. He is not stupid, but he is not the best hand reader and thinks I am more aggressive than I really am so he really ramps it up against me. During my epic downswing (which hopefully has ended) he put some epic beats on me so I am sure he thinks I hate him. The other villians are weak generally tight but arent afraid to loosen up when the pot is big.

[/ QUOTE ]

totally depends on who the guy is. given that information, my guess it is either a never-fold or an easy-fold.
Old 11-16-2007, 05:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Where do I go from here?

[/ QUOTE ]

totally depends on who the guy is. given that information, my guess it is either a never-fold or an easy-fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am never folding based on his aggression alone. If one of the ccers backcapped then I would consider it. My concern is whether I should cap/lead, call/donk, c/c.
Old 11-16-2007, 06:05 AM

Where I play, it's not that uncommon to see this much action on the flop followed by a turn check-through, but I dunno if that happens in your neck of the woods.

If this guy is too aggressive to ever fold to, then I think I like calling the 4-bet and donking the turn. Hopefully he'll raise and knock out some of the other players with 4 or 5-outers, then you can call down. If the turn is a 4 or 9, I'd check and maybe fold depending on the action (so this line could save you a SB in that case).
Old 11-16-2007, 06:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Where do I go from here?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I am never folding based on his aggression alone. If one of the ccers backcapped then I would consider it. My concern is whether I should cap/lead, call/donk, c/c.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, given that it is a rainbow board, his hand likely is not a draw. Thus there are not too many hands that you need to worry about giving a free card too, so I think it is call-down time, unless someone else springs to life if a bad card like a 9,8 or 4 roll off. Another big question that may be opponent dependent is "is this guy dumb enough to have aces-up in this spot?"
Old 11-16-2007, 06:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Where do I go from here?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, given that it is a rainbow board, his hand likely is not a draw. Thus there are not too many hands that you need to worry about giving a free card too, so I think it is call-down time, unless someone else springs to life if a bad card like a 9,8 or 4 roll off. Another big question that may be opponent dependent is "is this guy dumb enough to have aces-up in this spot?"

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes he is.
Old 11-16-2007, 06:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Where do I go from here?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes he is.

[/ QUOTE ]

ok. then i think the line is to call the turn. If the turn card is bigger than a 5 and if that card or the 8 pairs on the river, i'd check/raise his now counterfeit ass and then safely fold to a 3bet. my guess is if he is dumb enough to have Ax here, he is dumb enough to bet it on the river when it no longer wins, and still pay off a c/r.
Old 11-16-2007, 11:02 AM

I'd call down unless action gets really heavy.
Old 11-16-2007, 12:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Where do I go from here?

[/ QUOTE ]

You call, turn a K, or pick up the redraw flush, obv.