Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-18-2006, 10:20 PM

Default Re: Lay Down 2nd Nuts?

[ QUOTE ]
this is one of those situations where we can't really tell you much that you dont already know. Make a read and go with it.

(With these stacks though I don't think i'm ever folding A5 here.)

[/ QUOTE ]
As I said, LMP player was smarter than he looked. I knew he knew I was very strong here. I was the one that called his bluff down earlier with A high so this hand may have been a little personal for him. His first call seemed to be disinterested but his reraise had that look of I got you now and you can't get away. With that read I eliminated the str8 flush draw, in fact Anything less than top set was way too weak for his range IMO and I was definately leaning towards 56. I also don't think he would have limped with A5o (I meantioned his starting range was solid) so I was discounting the chop.

I legitamately agonized over this hand for quite a while. I didn't mind that fact since if I did push, EMP would more likely call and I would win the side pot although I would still loose an extra $100 to LMP if he had 56.

It was the possible side pot rebate that finally got me to push into a hand that I knew had me beat.

EMP had 2 pair, LMP had 56. The funny thing was that the LMP player nearly went on tilt even after winning the hand. He was really upset that I almost layed down 2nd nuts to his nuts.
Old 10-18-2006, 10:36 PM

What the [censored] is 67?
Old 10-18-2006, 10:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What the [censored] is 67?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, I meant to say 56.
Old 10-18-2006, 11:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
shout AWWW EEEEN

[/ QUOTE ]

While I definately use steriotypes for small decisions in live games, it is the ability to read past those steriotypes that will either save your entire stack or double you up.

I am not trying to preach a morality lesson, it's just a fact in live poker play. I will leave the morality lessons for your parents, but then again your dad probably left when you were 2 and your mom keeps you locked up in the mobile home while waitressing 2 jobs. Your only social life is playing poker on the internet using the 2nd hand PC from goodwill with a dialup connection.
Old 10-18-2006, 11:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
shout AWWW EEEEN

[/ QUOTE ]

While I definately use steriotypes for small decisions in live games, it is the ability to read past those steriotypes that will either save your entire stack or double you up.

I am not trying to preach a morality lesson, it's just a fact in live poker play. I will leave the morality lessons for your parents, but then again your dad probably left when you were 2 and your mom keeps you locked up in the mobile home while waitressing 2 jobs. Your only social life is playing poker on the internet using the 2nd hand PC from goodwill with a dialup connection.

[/ QUOTE ]

dude....take a joke. i dont want the new stereotype for asians to be "no sense of humor"
Old 10-18-2006, 11:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
shout AWWW EEEEN

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

dude....take a joke. i dont want the new stereotype for asians to be "no sense of humor"

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, old habit from being the only asian family in the area growing up in the midwest.

I'm off tilt now.