Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-22-2007, 03:36 AM

Default Group Projects - A Short Story

I find myself in a sort of conundrum... perhaps a dilemma would be a better word, but I hopefully will have more than two options... But I digress.

I am now in the midst of a group presentation. This presentation has ~12-15 pages to it. Some of you may have taken business before and are familiar with SWOT analysis and key success factors and the other gibberish that we are forced to learn. However, my group which consists of three people, kinda sucks. There is one group member (we'll call her Jerrica... Cause thats her name) is an idiot. We assigned her to do two of the various analyses for our project. She completed one. I have enclosed it below for your viewing pleasure:

The industry‘s key success factors are interdependent depending on the market that the company’s operations are base. A company can build a valuable customer base through heavy investment in the marketing and advertising area. The customer’s trend and need can enable the company to extend its product line in order to meet the demands of the customer. Obviously, the company will be gaining strong name recognition, thus creating brand loyalty. Moreover, the industry must consider the income and financial concerns of their customers, by developing low cost motorcycles, along with very knowledgeable service technicians.

Aside from this prescient piece of prose that I must rewrite she also wrote 2-3 other pages of gibberish which I will leave for another time. Usually I would take this in stride, but with a deep seated feeling of regret that education is this pathetic. But alas... We have a much longer project due in 3 weeks, this coupled with our teacher's humanity and mild sense of compassion leads me to believe that he would not be opposed to our voting "Jerrica" off the island and preferably never seeing her again.

Possible Solutions:
1) Do the work for her and make speaker notes for her. Watch her sink my grade like the Titanic. Consider it my gift to eliminating black poverty in America.
2) Talk to teacher to remove this cancer from my group. Enjoy not having to spend more time redoing work she has done than it would take me to do it.
3) Declare Jihad on her.
4) ???