Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-11-2007, 09:53 AM

Default AA in small blind to a raise

Read on cut off is about 30% VPIP, 19% PFR, 53% wsd, Total Agression about 2.5, this over 120 hands.

Full Tilt 0.50/1 Hold'em (9 handed) Full Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: (5 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (4.50 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO caps</font>, Hero calls.

River: (15.50 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 17.50 BB
Old 10-11-2007, 09:56 AM

Default Re: AA in small blind to a raise

Why are you not 3 betting PF? Why are you donking the flop?
Old 10-11-2007, 10:03 AM

Am I allowed to explain the actions of the hand or why I posted it, or does that influence peoples reactions? This is my first posted hand.
Old 10-11-2007, 10:11 AM

Yea you can explain your actions, especially when your play isn't standard. Coldcalling PF obviously isn't standard. There are some cases where it may be correct to coldcall aces in the SB, although I personally never have, but I doubt it's right here.
Old 10-11-2007, 10:18 AM

Ok good. I posted this hand because after playing it I did not like how I played it. For some reason I decided to be deceptive preflop and not show that kind of strength. Duh this ain't Brunson I'm playing against. I wanted some constructive criticism for my first hand post.
Old 10-11-2007, 10:55 AM

Grunch:

In this hand, I'd 3-bet preflop and then lead on the flop if it is not capped.

If the villain shows a lot of aggression post flop, I'd probably just call down. But I'm a known weak tighty that hates to fold pocket A's. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Doc
Old 10-11-2007, 11:05 AM

It is ok to to slowplay if you are trying to vary your play to reduce predictability, however, it's very rare you will want to play this hand like this. You generally want to stick to playing fundamental poker as you will miss betting opportunities. Stick to the ABC's.

Against a villan who is raising 19% of his hands preflop there is no need for deception here you have him right where you want him... betting into you when it's going to be heads up postflop when you are ahead.

The straight looks a little scary but your opponent is loose and aggressive I think more times than not he's going to pay for his aggression.

Rig
Old 10-11-2007, 12:20 PM

raise preflop, reraise flop see what happens. slowplaying AA is just not good.
Old 10-11-2007, 12:28 PM

Reraise flop. You are getting action you are still likely have the best hand. If the villain has a smaller pair he is likely to have a draw to trips, two pair + gutshot all to beat you -&gt; raise for extracting the value while still ahead.

Slowplaying AA especially against such a loose and aggresive villain loses you a lot of value in the long term.
Old 10-11-2007, 12:47 PM

You are up against an aggressive villian, and the only street where you knew you were ahead of him 99% of the time, you did not put any extra bets in.

By not 3betting PF, you now find yourself OOP and unsure of where your hand really stands. It seems like you lose control of the situation here.

Why not 3bet the flop, if you plan on donking the safe turn anyway? Are you any stronger on the Turn than you were on the Flop?

Again, looks like you lose more control and get less info by just calling the Flop. If you 3bet the flop and he caps, then maybe you can go into calldown mode.

The River looked ok to me.