View Poll Results: best drama
Grey's Anatomy 1 9.09%
House 1 9.09%
The Sopranos 2 18.18%
24 6 54.55%
The West Wing 1 9.09%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-22-2007, 03:04 PM

Default Re: bodog is such a joke (with a screen shot)

i just sent bodog an email saying i was unhappy with the way i was treated. im not really expecting anything out of them, but if the bodog dies in a grease fire tomorrow, i wont be at the funeral crying.

as for any elaborate chip dumping schemes, yeah, it maybe could have worked and been a +EV play. But ive done some really shady stuff in the past, and paid really hard consequences for doing it. im not like that anymore, and dont want to be.

ill update this thread again if anything else happens.
Old 06-22-2007, 03:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think ripping off a not-for-profit site is pretty much the lowest of the low, but when it comes to a profit making organization like BODOG then I'd be quite glad they got ripped off (even if it wasn't me benefiting from the money). They should either spend some of their huge profits on protecting themselves from this or suffer the consequences.

The day they spend every cent of their profit is the day I'll say I'd be sad to see them get ripped off.

Juk [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
My opinion of you just took a nosedive.

May you be forced to spend every penny you earn protecting yourself from thieves.
Old 06-22-2007, 04:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i just sent bodog an email saying i was unhappy with the way i was treated. im not really expecting anything out of them, but if the bodog dies in a grease fire tomorrow, i wont be at the funeral crying.

as for any elaborate chip dumping schemes, yeah, it maybe could have worked and been a +EV play. But ive done some really shady stuff in the past, and paid really hard consequences for doing it. im not like that anymore, and dont want to be.

ill update this thread again if anything else happens.

[/ QUOTE ]

how exactly were you treated poorly?
Old 06-22-2007, 04:07 PM

Kudo's to you.

Very cheap of Bodog, so cheap that it becomes funny!
Old 06-22-2007, 05:15 PM

I would have cashed that bitch out somehow. Taking into account you might/definitely get caught it's still uber+ev.
Old 06-22-2007, 05:45 PM

I would have bet 1.3 mil on red on the roulette wheel. Then took a screenshot and posted it in bbv.
Old 06-22-2007, 05:46 PM

I am the only person here who can cleary tell that is photoshoped? Geez.........
Old 06-22-2007, 05:51 PM

$10 vs. $10,000... you lose
Old 06-22-2007, 06:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would have bet 1.3 mil on 32 on the roulette wheel. Then took a screenshot and posted it in bbv.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 06-22-2007, 06:04 PM

Just over a year ago, something similar happened to me. I wont reveal the name of the site, since I still play there regularly. Just around the time I was expecting my rakeback payment, I was gifted just over $28,000 ( I had been expecting $800 from the previous months rakeback). My immediate reaction was to withdraw the funds, but after giving it some thought, I decided I would leave the funds in my account over the weekend and check on Monday to see if the mistake had been discovered. I didnt play on that site over the weekend. On Monday when I checked, the money was still in my account, so I requested a withdrawal of all the extra funds ( I left my original bankroll of $1400 in my account) to my Neteller account. I was almost sure, that as soon as they saw the withdrawal request for that large amount they would discover the mistake. After 24 painstaking hours, I checked my Neteller account and the money was there !!! I was still a bit worried that the mistake would be discovered and the poker site would reverse the transfer to my Neteller accunt. I immediately did an EFT to my bank and the money hit my account the next morning. Its been over a year, and to this day I have not received an email or any other communication regarding this matter from either the poker site or the rakeback affiliate. I am not sure whose mistake it was, and whether it was discovered later and they figured it was too late to do anything about it.
As far as the moral issue is concerned, I dont really feel bad about it at all. When we play online, we are basically dealing with rogue entities, that are breaking the laws of various countries. They can freeze our accounts at their will, and we would not have any recourse. After this happened, my wife was sure that one day there would be a knock on our door, and Luigi and the boys would be standing there ready to break my kneecaps.......no knock yet.