Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-14-2006, 06:34 AM

Default Re: Best Site for 1/2 to 3/6

On 2/4 the extra monster rake is worth about 1.5 BB/100 hands.
Go figure.

The consensus I think is that any lower than 10/20 on a monster table is just plain spewing money to Party and the standard tables have become much tougher since the players who understand the monster issue is playing there.

There are better sites out there but I don't really know which is best. I'm investigating it myself.
Old 08-14-2006, 12:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Can you not just choose to play on the non-monster tables?

[/ QUOTE ]

You can, but the games aren't that great. Nowhere near how they were before at least. I typically have at least 2-3 other players per table with stats of 18/12 to 30/20 at 5-6 handed tables. Obviously at least one 45/10 somewhat makes up for it, but the game selection is far better elsewhere.

Also, in my admitedly small sample stars, stars doesn't seem TOO horrible. We'll see how it all goes.
Old 08-14-2006, 03:44 PM

I wonder why everybody dismisses Absolute as too tough so fast. I've played on Party and Stars, sure there are more tables, but I think the advantage to better seat select, gather very good reads on regulars, RB+permabonuses+VIP are very good. Plenty of bad players, too, mind you. Just don't play with Miles and you'll be okay. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

My 0.02$.
Old 08-14-2006, 05:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I wonder why everybody dismisses Absolute as too tough so fast. I've played on Party and Stars, sure there are more tables, but I think the advantage to better seat select, gather very good reads on regulars, RB+permabonuses+VIP are very good. Plenty of bad players, too, mind you. Just don't play with Miles and you'll be okay. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
i havent seen you at AP in a long time. i agree all you guys shouldnt play with me. leave me alone with teh morans please thanks.
Old 08-14-2006, 06:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
No one mentioned Party, better not to play there?

[/ QUOTE ]

For lower limits as long as they have this monster thing going on, yes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can you not just choose to play on the non-monster tables?

[/ QUOTE ]

I heard they suck. Regardless, I wouldn't play there atm. I think there are better options.
Old 08-14-2006, 10:17 PM

The 1/2 full at Absolute is tight but I don't think the same can be said for the 6 max games. Open up ABS and see how many players are sitting there with $20..usually 2 per table. Anyone sitting with 10bb's or less = fish and having watched the games for awhile I think the .5/1 full ring games I used to play at ABS were harder. I do not play 1/2 6 max yet, but am planning too shortly. If you 3 table 1/2 at Absolute for 2 hours a day, bonus + rakeback will be over $1,000 a month. I don't think this can be made up at a site with lose players.
Old 08-14-2006, 10:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The 1/2 full at Absolute is tight but I don't think the same can be said for the 6 max games. Open up ABS and see how many players are sitting there with $20..usually 2 per table. Anyone sitting with 10bb's or less = fish and having watched the games for awhile I think the .5/1 full ring games I used to play at ABS were harder. I do not play 1/2 6 max yet, but am planning too shortly. If you 3 table 1/2 at Absolute for 2 hours a day, bonus + rakeback will be over $1,000 a month. I don't think this can be made up at a site with lose players.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why choose when you can have it all?
Old 08-14-2006, 11:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

OK so what site has the same number of bonuses as absolute, rakeback and poor players?
Old 08-15-2006, 01:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

OK so what site has the same number of bonuses as absolute, rakeback and poor players?

[/ QUOTE ]

The exact same number? none. Case closed play at absolute. It's clearly the best choice.