Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-11-2007, 06:29 PM

Default KJo in Cutoff, should I have stayed in as far as I did?

Reads:

BB is VP$P 17%, PFR 8%, TA 1.5, WSD 16.67 over about 60 hands

MP1 is VP$P 52%, PFR 6%, TA .4, WSD 40 over about 60 hands

MP2 is VP$P 29%, PFR 11%, TA 1.2, WSD 60 over 65 hands

Full Tilt 0.50/1 Hold'em (9 handed) Full Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is CO with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (5 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, Hero calls, SB folds.

Turn: (4.50 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, Hero calls, BB calls, MP1 calls.
Old 10-11-2007, 06:48 PM

Default Re: KJo in Cutoff, should I have stayed in as far as I did?

:G:
IMO no. If I'm playing that hand from that position I'm raising preflop. I fold on the flop with one bettor and 2 callers in front of me. Not to mention you have to remove the Kd and the Td from your 7 outs giving you only 5 playable outs and the king could be a tricky card against any JT.
Old 10-11-2007, 07:01 PM

I would have folded to the flop bet.

You are getting 8:1 on your immediate call, but your odds of making your gut-shot straight draw are about 10:1.

In addition, the T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] could complete a flush for someone else.

The flop call was a bit thin. The turn call (with the relatively smaller pot) was definitely wrong IMHO.
Old 10-11-2007, 07:48 PM

what Fantam and Dankenstein said. what also makes the turn call gross is that you arent even close to closing the action.

sfetaz, these sort of loose calls if made often are a way to slowly but surely give away your money and they eat into ones winrate much more than you might think. btw BB played his hand like a flushdraw.
Old 10-11-2007, 08:40 PM

grunch

I would raise this hand preflop to try and get sb and bb out of the hand. I'd bet the flop and check the turn unless a 10 hit.
As played fold the turn you don't have the odds to call.
Old 10-11-2007, 09:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would raise this hand preflop to try and get sb and bb out of the hand. I'd bet the flop and check the turn unless a 10 hit.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-11-2007, 10:01 PM

I wish people would stop confusing stats with reads.

3 tens 1.5 K J is no good. 4.5 outs needs around 9 to 1 to continue. You are getting 8 to 1 so technically its a fold.

I can peel on the flop but fold the turn.
Old 10-12-2007, 11:41 AM

Raise preflop if you think it will thin the field. If not, limping is OK. KJ offsuit is not a great hand, but it's probably better than what your opponents have, and it plays better heads up or three-way than multi-way.

Unless you think you're likely to get threebet, raise the flop in order to buy the button and (you hope) get a free card on turn. This is dependent on your opponents; you really don't want to get threebet here. Calling the flop isn't too bad either, with a gutshot draw to the nut straight and one overcard with a decent kicker, you've got the implied odds to see one more card. The turn call is very loose. You're really just bleeding chips on the turn.

In general, more agression on the cheap streets is better with these marginal hands in late position, as long as you can get away from them if it becomes clear you are drawing dead or mighty thin, or if you haven't connected on the turn. It
Old 10-12-2007, 12:48 PM

preflop is w/e, i prefer limping here but im not faulting a raise

flop call is marginal but probably correct with only 1 (random as SB) player behind.

i fold the turn.
Old 10-12-2007, 05:04 PM

I'd fold the flop.