Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-15-2007, 05:17 AM

Default Bob Log III - One Man Band

*HIGH*ly recommended; the drunker & stoneder, the better. Link

Pretty good opening acts; Pink Lightnin', a Stray Cats-Butthole Surfers mashup trio; and Electric Space Jihad, a DJ/Video group that spins stuff like "Francine"/"I'm In Need Of Love" medleys while playing video loops from '30s musicals on the screen behind them.

$5 cover, every third Newcastle doesn't seem to get rung up; secluded back parking lot to fire up in? Hell, going back out just may become the new staying in again.
Old 09-15-2007, 05:37 AM

Default Re: Bob Log III - One Man Band

Any specials on boob scotch?
Old 09-15-2007, 05:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Any specials on boob scotch?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope, he tried though.

EDIT: Actually, take that back; did see a lot of empty scotch glasses lying around. Mr Boston FTW.
Old 09-16-2007, 02:57 PM

Were the ladies clapping their t*ts?

From fatpossum's website:
When Bob Log III was a child, he lost his left hand in a boating accident. It was soon replaced with a monkey paw, and a new guitar style was born.

"It's my own personal style, see," Log says, "the paw moves much quicker than a normal hand, so my real hand has to flop around a lot to compensate."

And what about the helmet?

"What helmet?" he asks, his voice muffled by a helmet.

Bob Log III is an enigma wrapped in a riddle and riding a wave of futile guessing and searching as people around the globe are trying to figure out just one thing. Who is this man? Rumours have started to circulate that he is anyone from Tom Waits to one of the Strokes.

"He's Bob Log, an enigma." a spokesperson told NME. "He's not one of The Strokes. None of them have monkey paws."

In the April 24-May 1 issue of Time Out London, Tom Waits is asked who he is listening to right now. He says, "Well, I really like Wu Tang Clan, those guys kill me. And then there's this guy named Bob Log, you ever heard of him? He's this little kid -- nobody ever knows how old he is -- wears a motorcycle helmet and he has a microphone inside of it and he puts the glass over the front so you can't see his face, and plays slide guitar. It's just the loudest strangest stuff you've ever heard. You don't understand one word he's saying. I like people who glue macaroni on to a piece of cardboard and paint it gold. That's what I aspire to basically."

The chances that his identity will be found in our lifetime are slim, but this one man, bass drum/slide guitar, band continues to mystify everyone who hears him play. As long as there are bars, Bob Log will be there ready to let a lady sit in his lap, or if they're lucky, allow them to slip a boob in his scotch.
Old 09-16-2007, 07:43 PM

Well, the music sucks but that is the video of the [censored] year.

SpaceAce
Old 09-16-2007, 07:58 PM

I've seen Bob Log play live 4 times and know his music well, he rocks! During his shows he usually has one or even two pretty girls sit on his knees while he plays, the girls bounce everywhere like they're riding a wild bull. He opened for Beck back in the day.