Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-28-2007, 02:13 PM

Default Re: Maniac limps to me in SB.

Since maniac is playing random hands, then You most likely have a better hand. You can raise the rock out of the pot and play the loose player heads up. I would go ahead and raise.

Playing a maniac isn't that hard after the flop. It just depends on how much variance you can stomach.

If you completely whiff the flop, and fear getting raised, then just call him down. His postflop aggression doesn't indicate that he's that maniacal after the flop so there is no guarantee he raises any flop. Ace high will often win heads up against a maniac
Old 07-28-2007, 02:20 PM

He's raising 42% of his hands preflop....Do you really think he's the type to lay a trap? Looks like a pretty straightforward player to me and if he 3-bets you, then he's probably doing it with the worst of it based on his track record, so who cares.
Old 07-28-2007, 09:00 PM

Someone said here that 1.9 is not maniacish postflop but he was autobetting if checked to. His WSD however is 67%. I have noticed that some maniacs have quite low AG:s (aboubt 2) but very high WSD. If the WSD is very high, that lowers the apparent AG even though they are betting and bluffing with any excuse.