Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: which handle should i use 4 stars?
lolbbvaments 7 10.77%
mike oxinyermom 3 4.62%
sirpwnsalot 8 12.31%
kneegroplz 15 23.08%
good4me2poopon 6 9.23%
BASTARD! FACK OOT! 26 40.00%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-30-2007, 06:53 AM

Default Re: Untapped talent

[ QUOTE ]
PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.02 BB (9 handed) Poker Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

saw flop|<font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

Button ($1.73)
<font color="#C00000">Hero ($5.05)</font>
BB ($3.55)
UTG ($5.06)
UTG+1 ($8.88)
MP1 ($5.49)
<font color="#C00000">MP2 ($2.68)</font>
MP3 ($5.67)
CO ($3.87)

Preflop: Hero is SB with J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises to $0.06</font>, MP2 calls $0.06, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Hero calls $0.05, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: ($0.20) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $0.2</font>, MP1 folds, MP2 calls $0.20.

Turn: ($0.60) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $0.4</font>, MP2 calls $0.40.

River: ($1.40) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $1</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises to $2.02</font>, Hero calls $1.02.

Final Pot: $5.44
<font color="#009B00">Main Pot: $5.44, between Hero and MP2.</font> &gt; <font color="#FFFFFF">Pot won by MP2 ($5.44).</font>

Aaron, I don't know if this was ridiculous or not I don't know the first thing about NL. But after looked at it I guess I should have at least folded to the river raise.

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
Hero has Js Ts (two pair, jacks and tens).
MP2 has 8s 9s (straight, jack high).
Outcome: MP2 wins $5.44. </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

The board is very scary, flush draw and straight potential which could easily fit with the possible holdings of the other players. You should perhaps overbet the pot at the flop to reduce the implied odds and then prepare to let go if anybody comes along. You have TP and a so-so kicker, you might be ahead but it is not certain.

Your call preflop is good, as there is loads of implied odds and your opponents will pay off if you hit. Only problem is if the BB is very aggresive and often reraises here so you'll have to fold then you might consider your hand, but I doubt that happens at these stakes, unless of course if he has AA/KK.
Old 10-30-2007, 09:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]

*Shrug* I'm in the middle of my first read of PNL and don't claim to be anywhere near competent in this game. But this hand makes me think of big pot/small pot. Maybe you don't bet the pot on the flop...

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd favor betting the flop and checking the turn in position to keep the pot small. Problem with this is it does let draws see a card, but as long as I can get away from my hand if the draw hits I'm good with that.

Then I'd check/call the river. It's one of those positions where a check/raise can still be hands you beat so you have to call, especially particularly aggressiv eplayers. A check/call lets him bluff a stupid hand that you beat, like AJ, or KJ, etc.

When you're looking at top-pair hands you really don't want a big pot, which this became because of the turn pot-bet.

NL is so much different than L that a lot of times I feel like an absolute weak nit, but it only takes a couple "f-it, I call"'s to get back into the, 'gee, when they do that they really have a good hand' mode.

And sometimes, if they think you're going to fold and you have a hand they do it again with air and BAM you're rolling in the nickels.

Oh, and I like this ensemble:

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Better than shadows. Nice sweater and his pants actually fit.
Old 10-30-2007, 10:09 AM

bah, that sweater is lame.

the pants actually look good in person. they're this sweet gold color. i do have a hard time getting pants that fit, however. those pants are 32/32. i need maybe an inch shorter in the length, but have a hard time finding such a size. my suit pants and all my other tailored pants (balla, yes), fit very nicely. it's tough being scrawny.

tyler,

well obviously you cannot be a queer AND jack off at least three times a day. if you jack off at least three times a day, then you aren't a queer. that means there's still hope!!!

http://www.exodus.to/

jesus will save you from your sins, my friend!

love,

john

edit- eric, heineken 7 euro. ugh.

edit again- my hair. ugh. haven't had it cut in over a month. i need it done like once every 3 weeks. scared to do it over here, but i will break down before gf comes over. prolly 1.5 inch trim, yeah? also, it is windy in those pictures.
Old 10-30-2007, 11:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]

edit- eric, heineken 7 euro. ugh.

[/ QUOTE ]

Eeeeeeew grooooooooooooss

Buy something more local next time! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 10-30-2007, 11:56 AM

bona, getting stacked is the most standard thing ever. just move on to the next hand.
Old 10-30-2007, 12:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the pants actually look good in person. they're this sweet gold color.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's called 'khaki'.

And regarding the pants fitting, I have the opposite problem. Pants that fit my waist (38 currently) and legs (I prefer 29, but mostly can only find 30) all have huge crotches for some reason. I hate huge baggy crotches.
Old 10-30-2007, 12:34 PM

i know what khaki is.

these pants are gold.

holla
Old 10-30-2007, 12:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
the pants actually look good in person. they're this sweet gold color.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's called 'khaki'.

And regarding the pants fitting, I have the opposite problem. Pants that fit my waist (38 currently) and legs (I prefer 29, but mostly can only find 30) all have huge crotches for some reason. I hate huge baggy crotches.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you had a huge baggy johnson, you'd love em!
Old 10-30-2007, 01:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i know what khaki is.

these pants are gold.

holla

[/ QUOTE ]

k, I believe you.

Old 10-30-2007, 02:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

so awesome. [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
Closed Thread