Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: My main objection to christianity is:
The evidence points against it 10 47.62%
I haven't studied the evidence, but isn't it obvious? 2 9.52%
I don't want to be held accountable for my so-called sins 1 4.76%
God might exist, but I refuse to believe that. 0 0%
None of the above. 8 38.10%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-06-2007, 02:08 AM

Default Re: Official Nick Rainey thread

[ QUOTE ]
My friend Aleksey Vayner (he posts here occasionally) took a set of Fed in a practice session. I'd imagine that any other 2+2er who can can string together a few 140mph serves down the T wouldn't have much of a problem taking at least a couple sets to tiebreaks.

[/ QUOTE ]

ahahhaahahaha
Old 06-06-2007, 02:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Ryan Moore and I were ranked #1 in the country 2 years pre season and were NCAA finalists our sophomore year. Not to mention 3-time all americans and NCAA team Champions.

I am fairly certain Ryan Moore owned you all throughout juniors. And why dont you grow some balls you [censored] and post your real name.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL I'm not sure where I insulted you but yes he did own me in the juniors as did a lot of other juniors in socal (which I consider the best concentration of junior talent so I'm not ashamed of getting beat by them). I would be post my real name but I've had some drinking probs and gone through some real highs and lows and everybody said my degen ways would destroy me.

I'm ashamed of that so yeah I'll leave my name out of this. Should I head out to the WSOP you can out me and I'll buy you a beer and you can kick my ass at tennis.
Old 06-06-2007, 02:28 AM

Sure bud, would I recognize you? So Cal junior tennis is amazing thats fore sure.

I am just fed up with everyone giving me [censored] when I provide gossip and updates whenever I can.
Old 06-06-2007, 02:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Sure bud, would I recognize you? So Cal junior tennis is amazing thats fore sure.

I am just fed up with everyone giving me [censored] when I provide gossip and updates whenever I can.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nick ...

Let the haters hate ... you are one of the best posters of useless NVG (that is a compliment, of course).

NCAces
Old 06-06-2007, 02:47 AM

I don't think we've ever played or met but occassionally I've hit with my cousin who is traveling and struggling on the futures but I doubt you went this road. I had rotator cuff surgery at 16 1/2 so that was the end of my pedestrian career although I still love the game eventhough I picked up a racket maybe 2 dozen times in last 3 or 4 years. I still love watching the game and have appreciation for little aspects applied time over time that win matches.

No apologies needed I was probably out of line saying something about that about a good friend of yours. But I meant it more along the lines of him being a great player despite not having great physical prowess. Keep the insider updates flowing we all enjoy the degen gossip
Old 06-06-2007, 02:56 AM

Average 2+2er one set match (2+2er sit in front of the computer 60-70 hours a week, yo) vs Fed. Fed uses ping pong raquet. How would it end?
Old 06-06-2007, 03:09 AM

ping pong rackets cant even really hit the ball ... maybe one of those thicker tennis paddles for rainy days. Fed def wins.

Fed also wins 6-0 using a racquetball racket (sp?)
Old 06-06-2007, 04:26 AM

Nick,

"Yeah the average 2+2 would have a hard time winning 10 points in a 3 set match against Roger."

I can't figure out where the average 2+2er would find anywhere near 10 points. It's not like Federer would need to go for big serves or tough winners.
Old 06-06-2007, 04:28 AM

I'd like to know if the average 2p2er could stay standing for a 5 set match.
Old 06-06-2007, 05:04 AM

10 points is probably pushing it, but there are a few of us with tennis experience, so it would help the average for sure.

I just got home from Naked Sushi with PA and Allen Cunningham was there. Is that chick he is with for real? Thats a bad beat for Allen.