Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Do you think it is best for OOT if we split it into lots of smaller forums?
Yes (We need change) 9 8.18%
No (Everything works fine as it is) 101 91.82%
Voters: 110. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 01-10-2007, 06:14 AM

Default Douchebag move or not?

Evenkeal posted..

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not one to chew someone out, but I desperately need citanul's money that he is offering.

(Please ship it to someone who works hard at academics and ships insanely high marks, please. AlphaWice on stars.) So here I go.

A bit of snooping around determines that he is a student of University of Minnesota, has a major in Applied Economics. One of his course requirements

(http://www.apec.umn.edu/documents/UM...EC%20Major.pdf) forces him to take a course from "the list below" which includes a Biol 4501, Social Uses of Biology the only such course there with a bio name on the pdf page.

Preliminary snooping on google reveals that while one may be led to believe that one <u>Raj Karim</u> is the professor responsible for teaching a BIOL 4501, we find that this is in the Duluth college (wrong), and the title, Microbiology, is wrong. More creative snooping including going through various pdf's reveals that one <u>Alan B Hooper</u> taught a "BIOL 4501 - Social ..", in 2005 and 2004. We easily find his email through related pages describing his research.

Let's focus now on his health insurance policy. It is easy to determine that his university requires anyone that is a full time student without health insurance, access to a free health insurance known as the <u>Student Health Benefit Plan</u> (SHBP). However, it is more complicated than that.

When a student is considered a 'full time student', that is, they are enrolled for 6 or more credits, they are automatically assessed a Student Services Fee. This Student Services Fee includes a cost (somewhere in the ballpark of $700, depending on what campus he is in) that covers the SHBP.

[ QUOTE ]

The guideline .... guidelines for being assessed mandatory Student Services Fee.
If a student can not show proof of health insurance, the student will be charged for the Student Health Benefit Plan.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thus, there is no health insurance fraud to report; however, there is something to report in terms of OP lying about getting free insurance. Either he believes he is getting free health coverage, or he intentionally misled the readers, presumably to impress them. Both show delusional, compulsive behaviour usually correlative with immaturity.

To conclude, OP got what he deserved anyways. But to seal it, I wrote a short letter to the professor Alan B Hooper (hooper@cbs.umn.edu). [There is no way to contact the advisor because that sort of information is not discernable through the internet (atleast not that I know of), and there is nothing to report to the health insurance company.]

[ QUOTE ]

Dear Prof. Hooper,

It has come to my attention that one of your students taking BIOL 4501 has recieved a D grade in a course where he required a C- to fufill his degree requirement.

Inflamed, this student went to a message board (twoplustwo.com) where he proceeded to rant about his bad 'fate' of failing his requirement by 60 out of 1000 points. In his words, "Even though I got a B on both my lab final and lecture final they [the professor, on behalf of the university] still don't think I deserve the C-. what bitches." He then proceeded to bitch about life and college in general. In my opinion college is easy so I think his position is weak.

I applaud your decision to fail this lackluster, undeserving lowlife.

Sincerely,
Alex Wice

[/ QUOTE ]

holla

[/ QUOTE ]

This is from the orginal thread link

I can't believe this [censored] is allowed on twoplustwo and also encouraged.

Wheter the guy is a douchebag or not, when a person comes for help and advice, you don't go out and tell the whole world.
Now people like Evenkeal will be the nazi mommy who will look out for people who do weed/drugs and send them out to thier parents.

I can't believe what twoplustwo has allowed
Old 01-10-2007, 06:16 AM

Default Re: Douchebag move or not?

Evenkeal acted as a tool. Motivated by citunal

"In the college beat thread, I never intended to ruin the guys life and never did. I just wanted to appease cit to collect easy $."
Old 01-10-2007, 06:16 AM

Thats grounds for a serious beating. WTF?
Old 01-10-2007, 06:17 AM

Jesus Christ do you expect anyone to read any of this [censored] [censored]?

I really want a big pretzel.
Old 01-10-2007, 06:17 AM

that little bitch is lucky he wasnt messing with younghovs college stuff
Old 01-10-2007, 06:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
blah blah blah blah blah younghovs college

[/ QUOTE ]

psssshhhhhh
Old 01-10-2007, 06:23 AM

Old 01-10-2007, 06:31 AM

you gotta be kidding me. what a DOUCHE!
Old 01-10-2007, 12:23 PM

OK I'm a retard and only skimmed the OP. So this evankeal guy reads the dorm forum and someone's bitching about their grades and then evan emails the poster's prof telling him about the post and that the kid got what he deserved. If this is true ip ban that cuntrag.
Old 01-10-2007, 12:26 PM

this was already discussed in depth, evenkeal has been dealt with, let's move on already please
Closed Thread