Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-19-2006, 09:47 PM

Default I like it!... erm, no I don\'t.

Just sat down. Stats said this was the only loose table at my level, so I took it. Nearly all unknowns for me. I have no read at all on villain. Button is a TAG, who plays a bit tighter than I do. I've only seen a couple of hands and nothing in them to give me much of a clue.

I suspect I went badly wrong here but villain was the only guy at the flop who hadn't shown any PF aggression (although I figured the capper could just be messing around). So I thought he might have a set here, or something demented like 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].

So I went WA/WB, sort of. My plan was call the 3-bet, call bets on turn and river, bet if he checked and it looked safe or I improved.

Thoughts on all streets very welcome.

PokerRoom 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (10 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 (Villain) calls, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 (Villain) calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 caps</font>, MP2 folds, Button folds, Hero calls, UTG+1 (Villain) calls.

Check out the cap. I'm thinking he's saying "you want three, I say FOUR, BEEATCH".

I'm wondering, should button fold here? He has position and he put in the first raise. Can he call another two with KTs?

Flop: (16 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Villain bets</font>, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Villain 3-bets</font>, UTG+2 folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (11.50 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Villain bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (13.50 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Villain bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 15.50 BB
Old 06-19-2006, 10:54 PM

Default Re: I like it!... erm, no I don\'t.

Button may have had a hand like AJo or KQo. In this spot when its 2 bets back to him it is pretty similar to cold calling a raise. However, pot is big and he has position.

As for the hand I cap flop and lead turn then I slow down if raised on turn.
Old 06-19-2006, 10:55 PM

*grunch*

the only hand you can really put villain on is a pair (and he hit his set) or an OESD (or a flush draw but I think he would have checked the river otherwise), I probably would have capped flop and taken the same line on other streets.
Old 06-19-2006, 10:57 PM

Ya, WA/WB is right. I play exactly the same here. You're more likely ahead here I think but you know what they say about microlimits: "If it looks like AA and it smells like AA, it very well could be K2o". Seriously though, villains range is probably JJ+, AK - you're more often good than not, but c/c is the way to go IMO.
Old 06-19-2006, 10:59 PM

Bet out on the flop Villian may raise and force utg with 2 cold. Oh and when it gets back to you Cap That Sh!t.

Bet out on turn.
Old 06-21-2006, 07:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
"If it looks like AA and it smells like AA, it very well could be K2o".

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. On dry flops like this I get played at a lot by hands like 77 who put me on UI overs and never notice I never stop raising.
Old 06-21-2006, 08:22 AM

Villain either has AA or else you have the best hand on the flop.

I think that I would bet/3-bet the flop and call down if villain capped.

Otherwise I would lead the turn and river if villain called.
Old 06-21-2006, 10:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Ya, WA/WB is right. I play exactly the same here. You're more likely ahead here...

[/ QUOTE ]

You realize that this is oxymoronic, right? fwiw, this is not even close to WA/WB.
Old 06-21-2006, 10:28 AM

I play it the same way.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Ya, WA/WB is right. I play exactly the same here. You're more likely ahead here...

[/ QUOTE ]

You realize that this is oxymoronic, right? fwiw, this is not even close to WA/WB.

[/ QUOTE ]
we have two outs to improve if we're behind, and it's unlikely villain has more than 5 outs to improve if we're ahead, so...?

if we're popped on the turn when we bet after capping are we folding?
Old 06-21-2006, 10:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
we have two outs to improve if we're behind, and it's unlikely villain has more than 5 outs to improve if we're ahead, so...?

if we're popped on the turn when we bet after capping are we folding?

[/ QUOTE ]

There are a very specific set of circumstances that define WA/WB...this hand meets none of them. Ergo, not WA/WB. That said, standard line against relative unknowns is to give them credit for something if they're still coming at us on the turn, and call down from there. So, cap flop, lead turn, call a raise and c/c the river. Without seeing an ace, anywhere, you can't fold KK without an incredibly strong read.