Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-25-2007, 02:13 PM

Default Re: 25NL 6max 500+ BB deep - AA facing large river bet.

[ QUOTE ]
Shox (OP),

can u enlighten us to what happened, actionwise on the hand where he made a psb bet on the river with A4o on a 34579 board? or just post the hand for us.

then we can get closer to see hand ranges, because personally not knowing the action, it can be decently wide. see I dont know anything about this guy except what Im told, is he pretty lose and will call raises with any ace, did he call bets down with his A4o hand, was it played exactly like this hand? etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

i forgot about his retarded bet on teh river wiht another hand...but even so, it's hard to put him on a range that makes calling correct which is my guess.
Old 03-25-2007, 02:14 PM

uh .. sorry i'm prolly late on the bandwagon.

why is everyone so sure villian isn't "value" betting TT+? He's a frickin 25NL lag-donkey.

I think the check on the turn is good ... in retrospect i'd be drooling over this guy's stats / RR'd pot and lookin for a way to get the stacks in, so I probably wouldn't have the discipline to check the turn.
Old 03-25-2007, 04:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]

why is everyone so sure villian isn't "value" betting TT+? He's a frickin 25NL lag-donkey.

I think the check on the turn is good ... in retrospect i'd be drooling over this guy's stats / RR'd pot and lookin for a way to get the stacks in, so I probably wouldn't have the discipline to check the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

im not everyone. also, im in disagreement about the turn check, I can see why it was checked, and understand the arguments, but for me, against this guy, Id probably bet.
Old 03-25-2007, 04:21 PM

Tough spot. I think you can use the psb with the pair of 4's example to support checking behind on the turn. If we do bet the turn, we already know that if villain calls he has a tendency to betthe river with weak hands. This could put us in a tough position where we are forced to call a river bet when he could easily have us beat. We figure he will probably call the turn bet due to the large number of draws present on the board. We "protect" our stack by not getting a great deal of it in on a board that could make our opponent a big hand or cause is to be put to a big decision on the river with a pair of AA. The concept is new to me, so tell me if ive got it wrong.
Old 03-25-2007, 04:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

im not everyone. also, im in disagreement about the turn check, I can see why it was checked, and understand the arguments, but for me, against this guy, Id probably bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

what if the villain is a bad enough donk that he'll check raise you on teh turn with KK or QQ? You're folding ot the raise right?

We definitly have value against worse hands. Betting the turn isn't terrible by any means, since he we can get 3-streets of value out of worse hands. but i sitll like a check I think.
Old 03-25-2007, 04:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Shox (OP),

can u enlighten us to what happened, actionwise on the hand where he made a psb bet on the river with A4o on a 34579 board? or just post the hand for us.

[/ QUOTE ]

Villain is UTG in this hand.

Full Tilt Poker
$0.10/$0.25 No Limit Hold'em Ring Game
6 Players
LegoPoker Hand Converter

<font color="black">Stack Sizes</font>
Hero (MP): $90.70
CO: $45.15
BTN: $60.45
SB: $24.65
BB: $41.25
UTG: $30.10

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($0.35, 6 players)
<font color="red">UTG raises to $0.85</font>, Hero calls $0.85, CO folds, <font color="red">BTN raises to $5</font>, SB folds, BB folds, UTG calls $4.15, Hero folds

<font color="black">Flop:</font> 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($11.2, 2 players)
UTG checks, BTN checks

<font color="black">Turn:</font> 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] [9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]] ($11.2, 2 players)
UTG checks, <font color="red">BTN bets $5</font>, UTG calls $5

<font color="black">River:</font> 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]] ($21.2, 2 players)
<font color="red">UTG bets all in for $20.10</font>, BTN calls $20.10

<font color="black">Results:</font>
BTN had 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (three of a kind, Threes) and won $58.40
UTG had A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (a pair of Fours)
Final Pot: $58.40 ($3.00 rake)