Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-12-2007, 02:49 AM

Default Re: $110 + $9 Sit & Go : Right Call?

[ QUOTE ]
Hmm most would just call or minraise with KK+ , why would they want to shutdown the action with hands that strong?
Thats my experience at least, i don't remember a lot of situations like this pushed hard with AA or KK. They are really like 15% out of all KK+ hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

they wouldnt want to, they would believe theyd get the action from your open raise. theres no way you can eliminate AA/KK from their range here, id be reshoving most hands i play here including AA/KK.
Old 10-12-2007, 03:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Hmm most would just call or minraise with KK+ , why would they want to shutdown the action with hands that strong?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because they know that players like you will never credit them for it? Just a thought.

[/ QUOTE ]

wp.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Thats my experience at least, i don't remember a lot of situations like this pushed hard with AA or KK. They are really like 15% out of all KK+ hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

they wouldnt want to, they would believe theyd get the action from your open raise. theres no way you can eliminate AA/KK from their range here, id be reshoving most hands i play here including AA/KK.

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too. as said.
Old 10-12-2007, 07:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Agree,why risk scaring off hero if you have one of top two premium hands.IMO,the push is from a more vulnerable hand like JJ's.For me,fold as blinds not making hero desperate yet.
Old 10-12-2007, 09:03 AM

Well if you are reshoving your AA/KK here your losing value imo. For utg raiser to call this he would really require TT-QQ to call that and with blinds this high hes utg open raise is much bigger then 1.5%.
I also don't fully understand your point , are you trying to say that KK in hes hand is as likely as JJ if he reshoves?That simply isn't true. Or just saying that it CAN be KK or AA, yes it can be , but again MOST wouldn't shove KK+ because 5 handed you can't miss such opportunities to get more value of call reshoving instead.

"Because they know that players like you will never credit them for it? Just a thought."

Thats fine by me, i open raise utg 5 handed way wider then 1.5% so ill fold in other cases and call in rest 1.5%. Yeah that would be unfortunate but its 5 handed and TT+ is very strong and such calls are usually good,and if 5 handed someone runs with TT to AA it pays off more then 10 handed, nothing new here. Only trouble hand in that TT-QQ range is TT. If i raise lets say 12% here, they'll get a call they would like in 1/8 cases.

I think we can expect 55% to win here, we need 2600 more to call to win 4080. If we win we will have 37% equity, so call is 0.37*0.55=0.2035 ev.
If we fold we are left with 0.2 ev. So it really doesn't matter how you play here unless bb might be raising more junk so we have better then 55%, i guess readless that can't be expected so this is a close point and everyone can play as he likes.