Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 09-27-2007, 05:16 PM

Default Re: Into The Wild

I saw the movie. It was good, but it was a bit heavy-handed (I'll attribute that to Sean Penn having too much creative control), and twenty minutes too long. I think it did a decent job of portraying McCandless as an idealist and a selfish [censored] bag.
Old 09-27-2007, 05:17 PM

I have not seen it, but hope to soon.

I really like Eddie Vedder's soundtrack - songs can be heard on the movie's MySpace.
Old 09-27-2007, 05:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
popeye,

The first preview I saw had me skeptical but it was the shorter preview and it was more of a portrayal of a celebration of life and freedom which is only half of what went on. Then last night I saw In the Valley of Elah and there was a long preview and near the end it showed what looked like a withered Hirsch balled up, rocking back in forth or something and also showed some close up shots of panic on his face. Maybe Charlie can tell a little more.

Yea, Desert Solitaire is a must read.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmm i might have to watch this. Im usually just really hesitant to watch movies based on books i enjoy.

[ QUOTE ]
I think it did a decent job of portraying McCandless as an idealist and a selfish [censored] bag.

[/ QUOTE ]

This was the impression i got sometimes from the book. I wanted to like the guy but he did alot of things i just didnt respect.
Old 09-27-2007, 05:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think it did a decent job of portraying McCandless as an idealist and a selfish [censored] bag.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is good then, I mean he had some great qualities about him but in the end he really didn't know as much as he thought he did.
Closed Thread