Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-03-2007, 02:54 AM

Default Re: Another Filthy Hand...

[ QUOTE ]
I like check/calling this river for lots of reasons.

[/ QUOTE ]

got any reasoning? player dependent? this seems quite awful.
Old 06-03-2007, 04:04 AM

is it not possible he's sitting here with a hand like AT and knows he's no good but decided to bluff since you look like you're slim valueing two pair?

i cant see folding this. he'd be an idiot to not raise that turn with a monster, it's the perfect action turn
Old 06-03-2007, 04:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
AE, filth has won about a gajillion times as much as you at Stars 5/10 I'm pretty sure

That said, so has redargoe and I think he sucks too. Same for voodoowiz but he somehow beats 25/50. Pretty sure everyone at 5/10 sucks including me and you ae...I mean, come on, its msnl.

not trying to start a battle or anything but sometimes you are just unbearably cocky

[/ QUOTE ]

I have to agree with you here. I always thought that AE was the MSNL's EmpireMaker2, but EM2 would just say how he's the greatest and blah blah blah. He usually wouldn't bash someone unless the player is a complete donk.

In nearly every single post where someone discusses a 5/10 PS hand, you just reply that the villian in the hand is aboslutely horrible. I would have to assume that most 5/10 regulars that post on 2p2 would consider filthy a very good player. Give respect where respect is due.

That being said, I also think redargoe is a very solid player.... BUT TO EACH THEIR OWN. Also, AE could be a very nice person in real life, I haven't met him though so I wouldn't know.
Old 06-03-2007, 04:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
In nearly every single post where someone discusses a 5/10 PS hand, you just reply that the villian in the hand is aboslutely horrible. I would have to assume that most 5/10 regulars that post on 2p2 would consider filthy a very good player. Give respect where respect is due.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am glad this is true.

DUCY?
Old 06-03-2007, 04:43 AM

This thread is somewhat amusing. Filthy is not a nit (atleast not in my sense of the term - there are MANY 2p2 nits in this game and Bill Ivey is one of them), however he does play somewhat straightforward, but he is still very solid and def one of the bigger winners in the game. I would snap call this if it were me, but since this is you... I think this is very close, but really I have such a hard time believing him here and the only thing that would really make alot of sense would be 34dd as I think a slowplayed AA/JJ/QT would raise the turn, but I'm sure he has you on a pretty narrow range, but he is capable of showing up with 2pr here.

Oh, and whoever said the bet sizing sucked... I think it is fine.
Old 06-03-2007, 04:43 AM

I have a feeling bill wouldnt have taken time out of his multitable session unless the results of this hand are him losing to KK.

time bank for respect, call
Old 06-03-2007, 04:58 AM

Look, I have no serious problem with Filthy, and I apologize if that came across as the issue here. I guess I exploded because a "nit" is posting a hand about another "nit," and both are assumed to be bigger winners than me, which may or may not be true. That fact doesn't bother me, this fact does: They both play so meh- so meh, in fact, that I want to just kill myself that I didn't play more 5/10+ when Party Poker was around or the games were softer (even immediately post- Frist).

I just look at the state of guys who were big winners back then, things I hear, etc. and how straightforward, nitty, and downright bad some guys are.

I'm looking at this right now, going "everything I'd heard about Bill Ivey prior to a week ago was that he was a solid grinder and a good winner at 5/10. Now, all I can think about is that he's completely confused about the worst hands in the world."

Filthy may be some huge winner, as you guys suggest, but I guess every once in a while a nit decides to three bet KJo, twice, and hit two pair- where I stupidly stack off with one pair! You'd think I'd adjust!

I need to start playing more hours. They may be bigger winners than me because of volume, but I can assure you it isn't postflop play or winrate.

Also, [censored], I just hate nits. I picture me not liking them in real life for some reason, and it just makes me want to kill kittens.
Old 06-03-2007, 05:24 AM

ae,
wtf, the threads not about you. jesus christ.

and call, duh.
Old 06-03-2007, 05:40 AM

snap call
Old 06-03-2007, 05:40 AM

if he is solid tag I doubt he very often flat calls AA, KK, JJ here and almost never calls with JJ on that flop. even if this is one of those one in almost never that he flat calls AA or KK then he is going to make a play on the turn not letting a possibly 1 pair gutshot get there or 2 pair get off cheap. all that said you are getting 2.65 to 1 I think so as long as you've got the winner 40% of the time you are good which you most definitely do!