Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-11-2006, 12:44 AM

Default Re: My comments on WSEX\'s latest update and the missing names in the H

The blue icons are me, the green ones are APerfect10. He's only posted a few times in this thread.
Old 09-11-2006, 12:51 AM

Bah, we won't hold it against you. You still have a great product and it is still nice not to play against it all the time. He was fun though... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 09-11-2006, 01:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I didn't say I was being logical in my position on this subject, and that would be pretty hard to demonstrate anyway. I just said that I'm a logical person in general as I think most of the people that post here are. I always try to explain the logic behind everything I say. PokerAce owner just labeled all people that don't like PokerAce as "emotional" or non-logical people and didn't give any kind of explanation about what reasoning led him to that conclusion. That's what I was lalking about.

[/ QUOTE ]

As Josh already noted; I am not PokerAce Josh nor do I have any ownership in PokerAce Software. I have done a decent amount of work to help improve PAH and I have in the past helped out with support questions (although i'm now too lazy to do that [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]) I have made $0 off the sales of PAH. Now that we've made ourselves distinct...

I said "typically" players who do not like/want HUD's are emotional decision makers. That does not mean 100% are. Just because you like to think as yourself as a logical decision maker does not mean that every decision you make will be logical. Regardless, you've just admitted that your feelings on HUD's was not based on logic (or it was and you can't back it up)

Anyways, I'm no longer going to try and teach readers of this thread the psychology behind the decision making process. Its not something I've arbitrarily made up; its well documented and if anyone wants to read about it they can google it rather than listem to me [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-11-2006, 02:54 AM

Default Re: My comments on WSEX\'s latest update and the missing names in the HH\'s

I honestly feel that those oppose to PT/PAHud have no idea about these products. Like books, they are tools and only as useful as the users applied themselves.

Josh has a great mind. With his baby PAHUD he must be invincible in online poker … yet he gave up playing poker professionally. Why?

Sorry to use you as an example Josh.
Old 09-11-2006, 03:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Well now players have a choice (well, they've HAD a choice all along with many sites who do not support software enhancements). They are free to choose where they want to play and some of those places are now HUD-free. So, take your business there and be done with the subject.

[/ QUOTE ]

We were "done with the subject" until the owners of PokerAce started spamming this thread with posts about how great their software is and sugesting that everyone is going to leave WSEX until they allow PokerAce. This thread was about WSEX GM informing they weren't going to put names in HHs, that's it. HUD lovers should just accept his decision and "be done with the subject".

[/ QUOTE ]

for someone who labels themselves as a logical person, you sure misinterpreted the content and reasoning behind josh's posts.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agree 100% with Ali.
I don't think Josh ever remotely implied that everyone was going to leave WSEX without pokerace.

I also don't think he has said that his software is THAT great.
He has stated that it is only an aide and that it does NOT make the decisions for you and that if you are a lousy player without pokerace you will still be a lousy player with it.

He does take exception to the those who object to the ethics of using PokerAce on other sites and those who claim that it somehow does more than it actually is capable of doing (that it somehow makes the decisions for you).

To that end, he is actually stating that it is NOT as good as some anti-HUD'ers seem to think it is.
Old 09-11-2006, 04:57 AM

I think the only real solution is HU freezeout between WIliam and PokerAce Josh.

Ill be waiting for the thread in BBV.

Thanks
Old 09-11-2006, 07:55 AM

Default Re: My comments on WSEX\'s latest update and the missing names in the HH\'s

[ QUOTE ]
Stella, it's a bit harder than you may believe to OCR a screen shot to get HUD info on sites.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYI: it's not done by screen scraping. It's done by reading the client system memory heap for the site in question and writing HH files from that data. Technically, it is quite easy and as Stellar points out, if there's interest it will happen.
Old 09-11-2006, 07:57 AM

If you get FIREPAY as a deposit/withdraw option, then us non-Netteller having Maryland residents could play on your site.
Old 09-11-2006, 09:12 AM

WSEX GM,

I don't play on your site simply because the lack of players and good action and no games in the stakes I want to play, makes it not worth my time to do so. I play fulltime but I applaud your decision and your reasoning not to turn your site into a "strip mining operation". And the key here really is that even if you did charge rake, or institute rake in the future, the reasons you give would still be valid for not allowing datamining or overagressive use of software aids that come dangerously close to giving an unfair advantage (and even if you just provided a HUD to all the fish wouldn't know how to use it). Every major site that does charge rake should really examine their decisions not to take more aggressive steps to ban datamining or HUD type software, and extreme multitabling, because those things trade long term viability of their market for short term competitive rake revenue advantages.

If you can grow your site without all these weak-tight rocks who want to 12-table with software aids and datamining, and also offer the higher stakes I want to play, then I would welcome playing on your site. Sure you need a base of regular pros who can fill games, but you need the good types who really are pros and have some gamble in them and are willing to play shorter handed games, and not this bunch of [censored] grinders here who run from a table when it is "only" 8 handed and want to overfish the pond til it's empty.

And you have the right analytical skills to see all this. If you combined that with a willingness to grow your poker business into its own profit center by investing a lot of your other sports business money into an aggressive marketing campaign, and provided better customer service than party poker does, there isn't any reason you can't grow it to be a major competitor with them. It's not the rake free aspect party has to worry about with you or others, but the willingness to offer better customer service coupled with measures to insure a level playing field and discourage overly weak-tight play that they should be worrying about IF someone adds to all that an aggressive commitment to marketing that made party what it is despite all its shortcomings.
Old 09-11-2006, 09:15 AM

This is an excellent decision by WPEX. All of the other sites should do the same instead of ALLOWING AND ENCOURGING the semi-bot play of the heads up display users.

This may be the beginning of a trend and I hope the other sites like Poker Stars, Full Tilt and others will one day host fair games on their site like wpex has done.

If casual recreational players knew that they were playing against semi-bots that the poker sites like Party and others approve of they would run away.

The heads up displays DO basicly tell you what to do, thus they are bots. They collect stats on all the hands you have ever played and when the hud user sees what percentage you raise pre flop, etc, etc. this TELLS HIM WHAT ACTION TO TAKE.

All sites should ban the semi-bots and have real poker instead of bot poker. Everyone needs to email all the poker sites and tell them to run a fair game like WPEX does.

Wpex should also say in any advertising they have that they do not allow semi-bots running heads up displays to play their like other sites do.