Seat 3: anttiz ($2,730 in chips)
Seat 4: hubyone ($3,540 in chips)
Seat 6: seajaeausss ($1,180 in chips)
Seat 7: Bossi1 ($1,650 in chips)
Seat 8: orthopedix ($1,530 in chips)
Seat 9: Raul__ ($5,800 in chips)
Seat 10: HERO ($1,960 in chips)
ANTES/BLINDS
HERO posts blind ($15), ___666___ posts blind ($30).

Dealt to HERO: TT

PRE-FLOP
giggs83 folds, anttiz folds, hubyone folds, seajaeausss calls $30, Bossi1 bets $200, orthopedix folds, Raul__ folds, HERO ?

call or fold here?
Old 07-15-2007, 12:44 PM

Default Re: TT early

hmm, I was gna say raise, to 600, and fold if he shoves. But thinking about it if he calls that bet he's committed pretty much, and could shove any overcard and put us to a hard decision. I just cant come up with a plan for this hand post flop if we raise anything other than all in, due to being out of position with strange stack sizes.

So I think id call, and evaluate, but only cos neither of us are deep enough to play proper poker, and I dont wanna flip yet.
Old 07-15-2007, 12:58 PM

I agree call and wait and c what the flop brings. If it is a safe board, (no overcards), then you take a stab at it. If is a scary board, say AQJ, then you might want to fold. Granted you would have a gutshot, but with all those overs and the possiblity that if you hit your 10 you might be up against a straight (or bigger set already)you might consider folding here.
Old 07-15-2007, 12:58 PM

def want to see flop here though
Old 07-15-2007, 01:02 PM

Call because stack sizes suck for raising and TT is too good to fold right here
Old 07-15-2007, 01:08 PM

okay thanks
Old 07-15-2007, 02:35 PM

Depending on the player, but I'd hate calling here, see overcards 60% of the time, and even if low cards come out wonder if you're ahead. Re-raise or pass here for me.
Old 07-15-2007, 05:33 PM

Any reads on what the big overbet raise means?

I'd call and see a flop here, stack sizes seem weird for anything else.
Old 07-15-2007, 05:45 PM

I admit that I suck at poker, but to be honest, I'm not super happy with the "call and wait to see a flop" idea. I'm not saying it's wrong, mind you, just that I'm not happy about it.

You don't have proper implied odds to hope for a set, and there's a 69% chance of at least one overcard on the flop. So what's the plan if the flop is, say, J83 rainbow? Bet out and hope he missed (and doesn't decide to bluff)? Check and invite a c-bet (and then what?)?

I'm not convinced a shove isn't better here.
Old 07-15-2007, 06:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I admit that I suck at poker, but to be honest, I'm not super happy with the "call and wait to see a flop" idea. I'm not saying it's wrong, mind you, just that I'm not happy about it.

You don't have proper implied odds to hope for a set, and there's a 69% chance of at least one overcard on the flop. So what's the plan if the flop is, say, J83 rainbow? Bet out and hope he missed (and doesn't decide to bluff)? Check and invite a c-bet (and then what?)?

I'm not convinced a shove isn't better here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Interesting, but it just seems a bit of a gift to any JJ,QQ that are gna snap call, and AK/AQ maybe that might wanna flip with us. Only real great situation would be if he calls us with an underpair, but how likely is that? However, when faced with the other options of raise, call or fold, Id say theres an argument for and against all.

Yeah, calling has its problems, but that problem also stands if we raise, only weve committed nearly a third of our stack in the process.

Say we raise to what, 600? he calls. flop comes Q72, us to act. Pot is t1245, villain has 1050 behind. We bet 600 to see where we are and he shoves. Doesnt he do this with AK/AJ/A10s? 99? 88? as well as hands that beat us. Pot is now t2900, costs us 400 to call, Do we fold?

So we check instead. he shoves.Doesnt he do this with AK/AJ/A10s? 99? 88? Do we fold?

I think maybe raising preflop to 600 and hoping to fold him is best, but if we do this i think we practically have to just commit to stop and going, and shove any flop.

All in all with this analysis, folding doesnt seem like a bad idea preflop, but that just cant be right.

Which brings us back to calling. Seems to be the best of all our options for me. Oh and flop a set too.

Interesting hand indeed, basically because of his overbet preflop.