Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-13-2006, 05:03 PM

Default Re: PokerStars Conceirge Service Question

If you have 18,000 VPP's left, and only 2 weeks to go, you better get busy!

I'm actually setting a long-term goal of using my next purchase with my points to get a new car. I figure now as a SuperNova, I get 3.5 points for every point. Last month I got 30,000 VPP's. If I can average only 25,000 VPP per month, that would equal 87,500 points per month. After 18 months, I should have around 1.6 million points, which equals around $27,000. Maybe wait a few more months to get up to $30k, and then get me a new car! Of couse, this may change, but it would be nice to get a new car for "free".
Old 12-13-2006, 06:46 PM

1k points a day is pretty easy.
2k-3k is extremely realistic.

I forgot to bring the power-cord for my computer on this trip so I'm just surfing around on my Dad's computer (would be really nice if Dell and other companies didn't make so many different size inputs on the power-cords).

I played a little on pokerstars on this computer but the resolution and screen-size is lousy and I have none of the PT or PA stuff on it so I'm just waiting until I get back home and then will crank out the hands between this Saturday and Dec 31.

I recently spent $2k worth of points on travel-cards for an upcoming trip to South America.
I would like to save up for perhaps another trip to Europe via travel-cards or perhaps an EPT or PCA entry.

I may think of something different to get via the concierge service before I get to that point though.
I've read about $3k gas-station gift-cards, etc which sound appealing to me since it's pretty much as good as cash if I would have been making such purchases eventually anyway.

The incentives that they set up for the freerolls and the 200k and 300k levels will go a long way to determining whether I crank-out almost 100% of my 2007 hands at Stars or whether other RB sites like WPEX or FT or even UB or AP will see more of my action.

I'm cautiously optimistic that the new freeroll structure for 2007 will be an improvement and that the 200k and 300k VPP incentives for SuperDuperNovas will be attractive to me.
Old 12-13-2006, 06:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
can someone please explain to me what a concierge service is?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ali... It's kinda like when you have a "good" boyfriend... you tell them what you want, and they give it to you [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 12-13-2006, 07:15 PM

Default $3,000 one time deal?

Could someone clear this one thing up for me. Is it 180,000 points for about $3,000 worth of conceirge servive and then they are through with you? And/or is there time limit and they could do more than about $3,000 worth of service?
Old 12-13-2006, 07:44 PM

Default Re: $3,000 one time deal?

For what it's worth, I just made the conceirge purchase this morning, and have already received an e-mail asking me what I was interested in getting. Wow, what a quick response. I will keep you informed of how long the process actually takes.
Old 12-13-2006, 07:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
they will contact me within 4-6 weeks

[/ QUOTE ]

That seems overly excessive to me seeing as they have such few players who are Supernova Status. How many are there about 500 or less based on the freerolls?

And how many Supernovas are using the service all at the same time?

I mean how long does it take to read an e-mail, call a few stores and then respond to the player?
Old 12-13-2006, 07:53 PM

If you read my post above yours, you will see that it took a matter of a few hours for them to contact me and ask what I wanted, not 4-6 weeks.
Old 12-13-2006, 09:21 PM

I am still really confused as to what exactly this service is.

Could you detail what exactly you told them you wanted and if something wsa 3k or a little more or a little less were you supposed to pay more FPPs or less or whats the deal?
Old 12-13-2006, 09:30 PM

a concierge is usually found in a 5 star hotel who you can call to go shopping for small items like aftershave, condoms, hairgel, etc. the concierge kid also hooks you up with da best clubs and chicks in town.

originally it was an inhouse servant for a king.

on pokerstars, it's like some tailor service around the value of $3000.

i am a supernova, i can get you a concierge service. pm me.
Old 12-13-2006, 09:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hi Bozeman -
Congratulaions on making SuperNova status. It usually doesn't take 4-6 weeks, but we want to be conservative in our estimates. Also, as you might imagine, the Christmas season is the busiest time for the SuperNova concierge people.

I know them personally and they're great folks. They will get in touch with you as quickly as they can and work like crazies to get you what you want.

Best regards,
Lee Jones

PokerStars Poker Room Manager

[/ QUOTE ]

leejowns?