Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Legislation
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-19-2006, 03:21 PM

Default Re: Neteller\'s updated position

also maybe keep the chat boxes open on the tables, let ppl know how they can deposit money if any changes occur. most of the people on the forums will stay up to date, but i want to make sure that ppl who dont spend as much time with poker recieve this information especially.
Old 10-19-2006, 03:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
EDIT: Someone answered my question in a different thread. Sorry bout that.

Thanks for posting this, OP. Regardless of the answer to my narrow question, this is a major development, and in the long run, one that was probably inevitable as a result of UIGEA.

[/ QUOTE ]

It looks like they're taking the "we'll do what they want us to when we're specifically told how to comply, until then business continues"
Old 10-19-2006, 03:23 PM

i'm romanian and i have used moneybookers in the last few years, very few problems and the money gets from the poker site to your mb account in a few hours and from there to your bank in about 2 days. i've just started using click2pay, i made a withdrawal from full tilt and it got to them in a few min, after that you can use a debit card they send you to withdraw from your c2pay account at atm's around the world(only 2 bucks for any kind of atm cash out, i believe ). so basically you can have the money from your poker account in a few min.
Old 10-19-2006, 03:29 PM

Dangit. I was just about to open a Full Tilt account this weekend and fund it via Neteller. Is there any other trusted method to deposit? What if I deposit now and cash out by having FT send me a check etc?

Heck it's probably just not even worth it. I'm just bored not being able to play anymore. All my buddies have quit for good and will no longer play online, so I guess I should just give up and follow suit. I talked to alot of guys at the B&M this weekend and they had all accepted it was over too.
Old 10-19-2006, 03:30 PM

While I never need to redeposit funds, I do want to be able to move money from site to site to be able to take advantage of bonuses and such. This is really more of an inconvenience than anything else. As long as the big guns keep allowing me to play I will be happy. Even if the US fish market dries up I am ok picking on the fish from the rest of the world.

I may begin playing with some of the alternative sites just to big up a comfort level in moving money from account to account.
Old 10-19-2006, 03:31 PM

Things are business as normal with Neteller for now. However, when this legislation is firmly put into place, within the 270 day period, they will follow the bill and not allow us to transfer funds into these sites.
Old 10-19-2006, 03:33 PM

I searched the first 3 pages of posts before I made this, but didn't find anything about it; I guess it was a few pages back. I started reading the other thread about this, and like the other poster said, it became a flame thread about our buddy Frist.
Old 10-19-2006, 03:37 PM

there will always be ways for people to deposit and withdrawl to a pokersite and the pokersites in buisness will (I pretty sure) lay out and make sure poeple know of these ways and how to get money onto the site.

click2pay looks like it might be a valid option as well.
Old 10-19-2006, 03:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This should be stickied or added to the FAQ

[/ QUOTE ]

please do so.
Old 10-19-2006, 03:40 PM

Yes, but like another poster stated, how reputable is this going to be? Over the years, we have come to accept Neteller, and have trusted them with our funds. Are you going to feel as safe with your money in some new, start-up site?